I just bought a 4 gig card my bb 8330m came with a one gig card. I had the feeling that if I put in a new one that I might loose some data or some other stuff. So I did a search on this topic and all I found was people saying its easy to install sd cards and they gave instructions and all. I figured since no one mentioned backing up files that it would be ok so I just changed the card,with the little don't do it voice in the back of my head. Well I lost all my pics music and home screen photo. Can some one guide me in the direction of how to do this the right way should I do it again? Thank you for your time

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-09 09:23 PM
    Either use a card reader or enable mass storage on phone and hookup to PC. Move all files from old card onto PC. Install new card, format and using the same method as desribed above, move files from PC onto newly inserted card. If you still have your previous card and did NOT reformat the old one, you should still be able to view and transfer your files.

10-28-09 09:32 PM
    Thank you its I don't know why people don't leave this info on their tutorials. Its a usefull peace of information.

10-28-09 09:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD