Having problems upgrading your OS? Deleted the Vendor XML file but the DM still doesn't prompt you to update? Check this out--> Fix Discovered for OS Upgrade Gone Haywire! | BlackBerryNews.com
    Last edited by Crucial_Xtreme; 11-15-08 at 08:13 PM.
    11-15-08 05:18 PM
    I edited the first post. But as it says there it can be found here--> Fix Discovered for OS Upgrade Gone Haywire! | BlackBerryNews.com

Many thanks to John Clark. This will help a lot of people out. Check out BBN/BBF.
    11-15-08 08:16 PM
    I looked at Clark's post. My programs are different. I have "BlackBerry Device Software Updater" shown as a stand-alone program, not a component under BlackBerry Desktop Software 4.6. I believe I got the Update program installed when I tried the Upgrade option at the BlackBerry site. The Updater did not find an update for the 8830. No surprise there, since 4.2.2.196 is the latest official release, but ever since, when I connect to the Desktop Manager, I get a message that updates to the 4.2 Core software are available. If I let it attempt to download them, the message will change to say no updates are available. After letting it run a few times, I've started simply canceling it. It doesn't appear to hurt anything.
    11-15-08 10:05 PM
    Thanks Jeff. I wondered why it kept prompting me for an OS update with DM. But I recall doing the online updater as well. No harm no foul. Just another button to push.
    11-16-08 01:29 AM
    Glad to know this as well...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-08 01:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD