Hi

I'm having problems updating the device software on my 8310. I am visiting Blackberry website and selecting Blackberry Device Software Update and clicking on "update". This brings up the application loader, and asks me to enter my device password, this all goes fine. It then connects to my device and checks for updates, it finds the updates and I press "next". It says I have registerd for alert e-mails and I again press "next". It brings up a summary of what it will load onto my device and I press "finish". It connects to the device and then starts the update, but never finishes and finally brings up this message:

"A fatal error has occurred while updating your device's software. Please try again."

I've tried a few times but always get the same message. Any ideas what the problem is?

Thanks for your help.

Colin
    12-03-08 12:05 PM
    Yu need to download and install the OS to your computer.
    12-03-08 12:07 PM
    Hi Rachel

Thanks for that. I can see any option on the website to download the OS independent of just pressing the update button. The update summary lists all the updates to be applied, does this not mean they have already been downloaded?

Thanks

Colin
    12-03-08 12:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD