Well, I just got the data plan on my phone today, got the emails setup. Well now, I cant receive or send any texts, only email comes to my inbox. When I send I get the error "Requested facility not subscribed". I sent a MMS earlier and it went through OK, but not receiving or sending SMS.

Anyone have any ideas?

Also, once I get this straightened out, is there a way that only text message go to my inbox? and the email goes to the email icon?

Thanks
    07-15-08 03:01 PM
    You can separate your e-mail messages from your text messages/MMS messages by doing the following:

Click on the message folder, then hit menu, go to options, click on general options, scroll down to where it says SMS and Email inboxes and select separate.

After you do this, you should be able to see this icon:

Sorry for the blurry picture but I can't take a picture of my blackberry with my blackberry...lol... so I took it with my co-worker's camera phone.

As for your other question, I 'm not sure what to say.
    07-15-08 03:41 PM
    Ok thanks. Thats at least one half of the puzzle.
    07-15-08 03:51 PM
    I've never seen that message before, maybe the e-mail set up diabled or your company blocked your text messages. Have you given them a call, they may seen to enter a code or something or just remove a block they placed on your phone.

I woud call them just in case.
    07-15-08 04:01 PM
    Apparently this is an issue with your service provider they can put a block on your SMS call them then resent your service books and do a hard reset.
    07-15-08 04:12 PM
    i am having the exact same problem!
    i have had my blackberry for 5 months now and everything worked fine except for the applications and bbm. i then researched how to use bbm on the internet and it said that you needed to register the device through the host route table. after a couple of days i recieved a message from blackberry saying that my handheld had been registered with the wireless network.
    after that i was unable to call or send messages, although i could still access the internet and utilize bbm. everytime i attempt to send an sms now i get a red x and next to it the text "requested facility not subsribed" appears. i would really appreciate some help with this as i have not been able to call or sms for over and week now and it is quite annoying. i have rang up my service provider several times now as well as visiting the shop from where the phone was purchased. they have no idea on how to solve the problem and it's getting to the point where it's ridiculous especially having to pay so much money in order to sms, call and for the data plan!
    07-04-10 01:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD