HI. I have a Blackberry Curve 8320. I got it from a friend who told me I could have it for free because he couldn't ever get it to work. So I fooled around with it. The phone just won't stay on. I tried putting different batteries in it that in other phones were full but when I put them in mine it showed up as dead battery and the phone just turns off. I've wiped everything off the phone and reinstalled its operating system and original apps and now it just stays on the hourglass startup screen for 5-10 minutes before it turns on, only to tell me a second later that the batteries dead and then it turns off. BUT, when I plug it into the computer when its off, I get a fully charged battery symbol. I'm so confused! Any thoughts?
    10-25-09 08:02 PM
    water damage?
    10-25-09 08:10 PM
    I would agree, the device has probably been in contact with some type of liquid unfortunately.
    10-25-09 08:12 PM
    nope the indicators white.
    10-25-09 08:16 PM
    Where is the indicator located that you are looking at? (just out of curiousity)
    10-25-09 08:20 PM
    the one next to the sim card. is there another?
    10-25-09 08:21 PM
    the indicator is actually on the battery.
    10-25-09 08:22 PM
    Just wanted to make sure we were talking about the same location.

The batteries that you are testing the unit with, are they the official battery for that device, not a 3rd party or foreign battery?
    10-25-09 08:23 PM
    Yeah all the batteries i've used to test it are official. I was told that there may be a short?
    10-25-09 08:26 PM
    any normally a short is caused by water...has the phone been handled badly...dropped, thrown, etc?
    10-25-09 08:27 PM
    Yeah it definitely has been treated badly. But I've ordered a new casing for it so I figured that wouldnt matter.. Unless that could be a part of the problem?
    10-25-09 08:46 PM
    It's more than likely internal damage (water, etc). Just because the sticker is white doesn't mean there isn't water damage. Just means that likely the whole phone wasn't submerged enough to get the sticker itself to change color.

My wife had a Pearl 8130 that did the same thing. I upgraded OS', etc, and the moment I took it off the charger it did the same thing. Multiple batteries, etc, that worked fine in my 8230 (8230/8130 use the same battery) w/o a problem.

It was just something busted in the phone.
    10-25-09 08:57 PM
    I have heard that when the device is bad a drop of shoulder height onto a hard floor can jar it into working.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-09 09:22 PM
    hah well at this point i guess theres no harm in trying that
    10-25-09 09:39 PM
    except that it didnt work. If it is a short thats not caused by water damage.. or if it is, is there a way that i'd be able to fix it?
    10-25-09 11:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD