I've had my Curve for less than a week, and yesterday I had to take it in because it was freezing up continuously, though it didn't do this when I first got it. I do have a memory card, btw. Anyway, the guy who helped me (who told me about this forum) deleted a demo video and said it should fix the problem.

Anyway, the problem occurs when I try and put photos on my Curve with the desktop manager software. Everything looks okay, but after it's all said and done, I have to remove the battery and put it back in each time I make any change to the phone (backup, restore, add files with software, etc) because my wallpaper doesn't show and there are the freezes that happen sometimes.

After restore I lose my internet and have to go into the host routing table and use the 'register now' option. When I back up my Curve, these settings are already in place, so I'm not sure why that's happening.

I haven't tried putting any other images on my phone with the software, because it's a royal pain when things freeze up, and when I add photos that are small (file size, etc. small) and I go into the photos area (on the media card) they don't show..meaning all I see are image icons and no images, and this is when things freeze too. The ones that were transferred from my Pearl to the Curve don't usually cause a problem, but anything new does, and these images come from the same place; my computer. The image files are supported (jpg) so I'm not sure what's going on.

I want to put a few pics on the phone to use as wallpaper, but I don't want to try again until I find out what's going on. The guy at Alltel said the video he removed should fix the issues, but I still lose my internet and wallpaper whenever I back up or restore. And I 'really' don't want to have to deal with freeze issues again. :/

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by isabella_the_lost; 08-14-08 at 10:51 AM.
    08-14-08 10:48 AM
    First question is how much memory you have on your device. Press Alt + Left Shift + H and scroll down to File Free. What does it say?

Sounds like the pictures, etc. that you are transfering are being transfered to your device memory and not to your memory card. I don't use the media manager, so not sure if there is a setting there. You can transfer media to your memory card by using the mass storage mode and then just dragging and dropping in File Explorer. Options - Memory Card - Mass Storage Mode Support and set to On.

Hope this helps.
    08-14-08 09:36 PM
    Hi Sinister... and thanks.

File free is: 42415344 bytes

When I was at the carrier office we removed the memory card to make sure that the files I put on there were actually on the card, and not on the device memory. They were definitely on the memory card.

I haven't installed much in the way of apps, either. Just yahoo messenger and gmail. That's it.

Also, whenever I backup or restore my internet icon goes away and I have to 're-register.' Not sure if that's normal or even related to the other issue, but.... just not sure.

So does the device memory look okay to you?

Thanks again.
    08-14-08 10:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD