I looked around the forum for an answer to this before posting a new thread.

As I was upgrading the OS, my "coverage/notification" LED wasn't lit and now that I'm done with the process the LED hasn't come back on. Not for a call, text, service coverage, bluetooth or the old "phone-off-but-I'm-charging-it" routine.

should I reinstall the OS since the LED doesn't really burn out? Or if I fried it can it be replaced?

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    08-01-08 10:40 PM
    First check your profiles and see if they are indeed set up to provide notification via LED or not. If they are, then try a battery pull.
    08-01-08 10:56 PM
    Ok, Checked all the options in my profile and they are all "LED flashing" then I did a battery pull.

NADA.

Could it be a bug from the OS? or am I fudged?
    08-01-08 11:07 PM
    What OS version did you upgrade to? I've used almost all the 4.5 versions and I've never had that happen, but there's always a first time.
    08-01-08 11:10 PM
    Hmm weird... maybe try a reinstall of the OS.... shouldn't act like this but like she said it's always a first.
    08-01-08 11:17 PM
    .69 - My first upgrade was .52 and it went great. This is the only glitch.
    08-01-08 11:17 PM
    Sounds like a bum install then. No problems for me.
    08-01-08 11:24 PM
    Yeah, I'm using .69 too. Try re-installing it and see if it fixes the problem.
    08-01-08 11:24 PM
    will do...

It's just really weird. I didn't think that something like that could happen. I'll redo it either tonight or tomorrow. Thanks for your responses everyone.

I'll let y'all know what the outcome is.

Thanks and regards,

Raymond
    08-01-08 11:32 PM
    Good luck Raymond!
    08-01-08 11:34 PM
    I can't seem to figure out how to reload the exact same OS.

I looked at the 101's but they are for nuked and upgrading. I followed the steps but, obviously, no action can be take cause I only have the .69 on the PC. Does this mean I have to downgrade then upgrade? If so, forget it. I'll wait for the next beta.

What's the story, fellow CB'ers?
    08-02-08 08:17 PM
    Use JL CMDER to completely wipe the device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-08 08:36 PM
    WOW - DUH ! I feel dumb right now. Thanks sun.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-08 11:36 PM
    I know it's been two weeks but I finally had a chance to wipe and reload...

nothing. The LED is still fried. Oh well, I guess I'll just live with it until the touchscreen comes out.

If anyone has a suggestion - let me know.

thanks again for those that helped me out.
    08-16-08 06:18 PM
    That sucks...Sorry man. You might be waiting a while for the Touchscreen. It is coming to Verizon first. Verizon is a CDMA carrier. The Bold is coming to ATT. Either later this month or next month. Good Luck with your issue.
    08-16-08 06:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD