I installed a micro card 4gig in size on my wifes Blackberry 8310 Curve so she could put some mp3's on her phone.

She has notice that her phone after installing the micro card has been acting up like not getting txt messages, wiping her call history clean after making calls, and sometimes not accepting or allowing calls in and out..

This started happening right after installing the micro card and I had a similar problem on my old LG CU500 having problems after installing a micro card is well (never solved problem just removed the card and upgraded the phone as I was eligible for an upgrade at the time)

Is this common in the Blackberry Curve 8310 to have problems after memory card install and if so what is the solution to fix it?

on a side note I did do a search on some forums and noted people saying to format the card prior to use which I didn't do as I didn't know I should do this, could this be the problem? If so how do I format the card using the Blackberry Curve 8310 as it said it was better to format with the phone instead of the computer?

Thanks to all who answer
    01-29-09 01:51 PM
    I'm also using the 8310 with AT@T. I recommend formatting the card from within the phone/device rather than the computer. When I installed mine, which is also a 4gb, I formatted it immediately. I haven't had any problems and I noticed that by formatting it, it set up folders on the card with documents, pictures, videos, etc. for ease of use in finding what you're looking for.

After putting the card in, go to Options, Media card. Set all your defaults the way you want them, then press the menu key and choose Format Card and you should be good to go. I also recommend doing a battery pull afterward. I usually do that after making any changes, don't know why I do, I just do and everything seems to perform well.

Good luck with it and let me know how it goes or if you need any assistance.
    01-29-09 02:06 PM
    I'm also using the 8310 with AT@T. I recommend formatting the card from within the phone/device rather than the computer. When I installed mine, which is also a 4gb, I formatted it immediately. I haven't had any problems and I noticed that by formatting it, it set up folders on the card with documents, pictures, videos, etc. for ease of use in finding what you're looking for.

After putting the card in, go to Options, Media card. Set all your defaults the way you want them, then press the menu key and choose Format Card and you should be good to go. I also recommend doing a battery pull afterward. I usually do that after making any changes, don't know why I do, I just do and everything seems to perform well.

Good luck with it and let me know how it goes or if you need any assistance.
    BadBob is correct. Formatting the card while it's in the device should solve your issue.

Welcome to CB
    01-29-09 02:07 PM
    Will formatting the card wipe everything off of it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-09 09:42 AM
    Ya any information that is currently stored on the Microcard will be deleted away during the format
    02-05-09 09:46 AM
    If you have things on the card that you would like to keep before formatting I suggest that you use a card reader and save them in a folder on the computer so that you can add them again after you format the card.

Good luck!

02-05-09 10:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD