Hola everyone,
    I need help desperately!!
    I synched my 8320 almost two weeks ago. I have no clue what happened, but it has changed things in the phone.
    * I have ringtones assigned for my family. It took my one ringtone for my daughters number and it rings as my incoming tone, not the one assigned to her. Soooo, I checked to see if the tone was still assigned to her. It is. I changed the tone to another, then put the original one back in. STILL it will not use it anymore.
    I did take out the battery, hoping that would do the trick, but nothing.
    * For some reason, the address book will not accept anything I put in. I have put quite a few people in it, and I cannot retreive it back. When I do a FIND, it tells me there is nothing in the book. No Addresses. This is weird.
    * I have to use my SIM to make calls.
    * I cannot delete downloaded ringtones that do not work in the phone. I delete them, but they remain on the phone.
    * How the heck do I get songs in the phone?
    When I synched, the program to add songs froze my whole computer.
    I am not computer illiterate. I AM time crunched.
    OH... another BIGGIE--- I cannot get MANY websites. I cannot get Crackberry.com on the phone. It usually gives me some error message, but today I just got a blank white page.
    HELP!! I know this is quite a bit, but I need help.
    MUCHAS gracias to all of you. This is a great site.
    buenos dias,
    Lynnette
    01-13-08 09:42 AM
    What program did you sync it with?

When you added a name to your BB did you put everything in the right slot ie. First Name in the First Name field and not the Company field? Double check on both machines if the information matches up.

I am going to have to think a little bit more on the ringtone problems.

As far as web browsing, do you have a data plan or are you using Wi-Fi?
    01-13-08 09:48 AM
    I say wipe the device (options / security options / general options / menu / wipe device), and do a restore of the last backup, albeit it's a bit old...
    01-13-08 10:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD