So yesterday I noticed that my relatively (3 mos) new 8310 seemed to have frozen (it had the "thinking" symbol up for like 5-10 minutes), I wanted to do a hard reset but i was on the bus and figured that was a bad idea (in case pieces went flying), and eventually it just shut itself off and i was able to turn it on again and everything was fine.

Today, however, I was going through my messages and noticed that all of my SMS messages (except for one on april 5) had been deleted... and the only emails i had were from the past three days... everything else had been deleted. When I went on the facebook application, the most recent item was from april 5... everything since then had been deleted too.

Does anybody know what could of caused this? Or what I might do to try to get those messages/emails back? I still have tons of memory so I know it wasn't auto-deleted for memory purposes. It just seems pretty random! I tried soft/hard resetting and nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?

Thanks!!!

ps: i also noticed an occasional lagging with the trackball... if that helps at all. its not very often but sometimes itll just be very unresponsive...
    04-29-08 10:52 PM
    Before they got deleted, you may not have had enough memory...

Follow this guide and also hard cycle (battery pull) once every other day. Also try closing out all the programs that are open.
    04-29-08 10:55 PM
    May need to reload the os. My pearl was deleting stuff while I had tons of memory and reloading the os fixed it. Problem free since then

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-08 10:56 PM
    Welcome 2 CB as well.
    04-29-08 10:56 PM
    Awesome, thanks... How do I reload the OS?
    04-29-08 11:00 PM
    Maybe this can help How to Reload OS on Nuked Blackberry?

Hope you get things sorted soon!
    04-29-08 11:11 PM
    Great, I'll try it! Thanks so much
    04-29-08 11:29 PM
    No problem.... Let us know how it turns out.
    04-30-08 12:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD