I need advice..I recently recieved a blackberry 8310 but i am a tmobile customer. I have unlocked the phone and have it working with just the BASICS..i was wondering if i was going to run into any potential problems and if anyone had advice on apps. and such...
    THANKS
    04-15-08 03:56 PM
    Where did you get the BB?
    04-15-08 04:10 PM
    04-15-08 04:17 PM
    i got the phone from a hookup in att...so its a legit phone and brand new.. i unlocked it myself through a service.

HELP?
    04-15-08 04:31 PM
    Your phone will be just fine so long as you do not go swimming with it in your pocket. One person has done this just today.

Unlocking is safe and binary - it works or id don't.

Check out sunkast's links in the post above and go and have fun with your new phone.

Come back to this bunch of informed manics here if you have questions or if you bust summat.
    04-15-08 04:35 PM
    i got the phone from a hookup in att...so its a legit phone and brand new.. i unlocked it myself through a service.

HELP?
    You will be fine turrin. I was just wondering if you had got it from ebay or somewhere as then you might have had problems with PIN release but you will not.

You will be ok, don't worry.

Welcome to CB!
    04-15-08 04:41 PM
    thanks guys...i feel like an infant...for example i have no idea what a pin is or what its used for...or bb mes.

oh and i'm assuming that all the post about apps. require you to have internet access off of your phone...i do not at this time8( is there any way to get music and apps. on my phone without having internet access off of it?
    04-15-08 04:47 PM
    i am usually a pretty tech savy guy but i'm set back by the blackberry...the possibilities are insane..
    04-15-08 04:50 PM
    You can use the Desktop Manager to put apps and music on your PC. The DM (Desktop Manager) is on the Cd that came with your BB.

It would be a good idea to get a micro sd card for music as device memory is precious
    04-15-08 04:53 PM
    ok and then from my pc sync my bb...and everything goes with it? but a lot of apps are online apps i'm assuming so even if i do get them on it i wont be able to utilize this until subscribed to the internet?
    04-15-08 04:57 PM
    04-15-08 04:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD