I attempted to load the 4.5 that was from Vodafone's website to my 8310 and received a fatal error message. Fortunately, I made a backup and restored that. However, I've noticed that my GPS is no longer working (I had to re-register my host routing table to get the browser to work earlier).

Any thoughts on the GPS issue? I tried Google maps and Live search, neither will recognize the GPS and I cannot get a refresh to complete in the GPS status.

Thanks in advance!
    06-28-08 10:46 PM
    there are better OS's than Vodafones...but they aren't offical.... I didn't like that one...but .44 & .46 are quite good
    06-28-08 10:49 PM
    Thanks, but I'm actually just trying to get everything working again with 4.2...I feel fairly confident in making upgrades but since my first attempt didn't go so well I would like to try to get everything back to normal for a bit.
    06-28-08 10:55 PM
    Thanks, but I'm actually just trying to get everything working again with 4.2...I feel fairly confident in making upgrades but since my first attempt didn't go so well I would like to try to get everything back to normal for a bit.
    This is what works for me> Do a battery pull>wait 30 sec> refresh gps> I personally, go outside if the refresh takes some time Sometimes it will take 2 min or as long as 5. Any longer and I'll close gps and retry later.
    06-28-08 11:49 PM
    That helped! I actually was able to upgrade to 4.5.0.46 this morning and am quite happy with it so far. Thanks for the help!
    06-29-08 06:11 PM
    hi, ive been trying to download the 4.5 on to my 8310 for the last two days and dont have any idea what im doing wrong?? help!
    06-29-08 06:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD