I had a 8330e and got a new 8330m and there are things on my mem card but it still says when I turn my phone on that the mem card has errors put in original phone. Which I do not have. My ringtones etc. Come up but it still sayd it which is annoying. Is there a way to make it right? My husband put his mem card in his new phone and worked perfectly. Mine I lost half pics and ringtones and have the others but when restarting like I said already tells me to put in orig phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-09 12:40 PM
    Do you have a card reader on your computer? If you do, try to move your files off your card and format the card, first on the computer, then in the 8330m (Options, Media Card, Menu, Format Card).

If you don't have a card reader on your computer, try putting your card in your husband's BB and move the files off the card. Format the card in the BB. Move the reformatted card over to your BB, reformat the card again, then move the files onto your card from the computer.
    10-18-09 01:27 PM
    It seems like that when users change phones or even upgrade os's that the memory card needs to be reformatted, not sure if card problem or data on the card...
    10-18-09 01:54 PM
    I just got a replacement 8330 for vzw and am having issues too.. put it in the new one, can't access it, put it in my old 8330 (just got new one yesterday, haven't sent the other out yet) and it works just fine... reformatted on the old bb and on my computer with a card reader, and no dice... I ended up putting the card in my old phone and pulling off all my media, but still can't get the new phone to accept my memory card... i'm thinking i might have to call back and get another replacement if i can't get this to work...

If i figure anything out, i'll let you know Chrystal!
    10-18-09 02:06 PM
    ok thank u. I know this is a bit annoying but I appreciate any help with this thanks again.
    ~Chrystal

10-18-09 02:09 PM
    snowboarder, try pulling the battery with the power on when you install the memory card. This will force your BB to reset after you have installed the card.
    10-18-09 02:10 PM
    ok thank u. I know this is a bit annoying but I appreciate any help with this thanks again.
    ~Chrystal

Are you able to format your media card even on your new curve? I attempt to, but it is never successful. Always fails formatting... I think i just got a bunk curve...
    10-18-09 02:13 PM
    snowboarder, try pulling the battery with the power on when you install the memory card. This will force your BB to reset after you have installed the card.
    Yeah, i've tried doing a battery pull a few times.. in process of doing it again after changing media card settings to see if anything changes. What boggles me is that if i try doing the "install media card" from the menu, it does not process anything, and anytime i try formatting, i keep getting "formatting card failed"
    10-18-09 02:27 PM
    well, i think it's hardware/software on my curve... i can format it and install it, hook it up to the computer with my old one... new one i can't do anything with it.... i'll keep digging....
    10-18-09 03:03 PM
    ~Chrystal

Any luck with your phone? I haven't had any luck with this curve... still works fine on my old one...
    10-19-09 12:35 PM
    snowboarder I had to give up all my stuff on memory card and format on phone. Yes it works on phone and it works now. I just wish I wouldn't of had to do that. Hope u figure urs out too I am wondering if something isn't wrong with ur phone. Thanks to everyone for the help for sure

10-19-09 05:04 PM
    Hope u figure urs out too I am wondering if something isn't wrong with ur phone. Thanks to everyone for the help for sure [/color] [/size] [/font]

I would agree with it might not being the phone but, I can A) add/remove files/format the memory card on my computer with a card reader, B) Add/remove files/format the memory card in my old 8330 before I sent it back, and C) can't get my other memory card to work with this curve..

10-20-09 09:19 AM
    Yeah with my Bold I'm unable to use my media card as an external harddrive and my computer doesn't recognize it and I can't put any mdia on it, this phone is a refurb of 1 month

10-20-09 09:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD