Well here is my problem. I was trying to activate my BES, with username and password, and it did not work. After about an hour I did a battery pull and now when I go in options>advanced options, the BES or enterprise activation does not show up as an option. I have tried several subsequent battery pulls, but the option does not show up. Any help would be greatly appreciated for a newbie.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-08 10:37 AM
    You will have to get your IT department to activate it again. The BES activation password is a one-time use password. They'll probably give you the same password again, but you can't reuse it until they perform their steps. Activation doesn't normally take more than a few minutes.
    07-26-08 11:02 AM
    you also will want to double check and make sure the telus has the right features on your acct.
    07-26-08 11:24 AM
    I do have an unlimited data plan for the phone and I do have my BIS set up, but do I need another plan for BES to be able to work??????

07-26-08 11:51 AM
    I do have an unlimited data plan for the phone and I do have my BIS set up, but do I need another plan for BES to be able to work??????

You need the BES plan to get your activation to work. The BES plan will also include BIS.
    07-26-08 12:03 PM
    So I am on Telus and does it cost extra to have the BES added to the acct

07-26-08 12:16 PM

If your employer provided your phone, they will also provide the BES plan. Be very careful if you are activating your personal phone on a BES. When you do, you will get an IT policy that may include restrictions you don't like. Or it may not. It's just up to your employer. But when you activate a BES, you are giving your employer total control of your phone and your use of it.

07-26-08 12:18 PM
    So I am on Telus and does it cost extra to have the BES added to the acct

For me it was $5 extra to switch to BES but Jeff is right, if you load BES on your BB you employer has control of what you can and can't do on your BB. My IT policy has only blocked 3 different things that I tried. Opera Mini, Viigo, and Miutunes. Some IT policies have been known to block much much more.
    07-26-08 12:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD