I searched for the last half hour but couldn't find an answer to this problem so I was hoping someone could help me.
    I just updated my os to 4.5 and separated my email and sms/mms icons like i had on my last os. I then hid the general "messages" icon since I prefer not to use it.
    But everytime I receive an email, I go into the email address specific tab and read it, however the icon remains on the home screen. When I go into the hidden general messages tab, the email is still listed as unread and i have to open it in this tab as well to get the notification icon to disappear.
    In other words I have to open my email both in the email specific icon as well as the general messages icon in order to clear the notification.
    I did not have this issue with my last os and have tried everything I could figure out to change it but it still won't work.
    Thanks for any help/suggestions.
    05-11-09 05:16 PM
    It is strange that something would change on that level, but it is possible.

Have you tried other subverions of the OS upgrade? The latest is posted in the Curve forum.
    05-11-09 05:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD