I'll start out introdicing myself, my names Jared i guess you could say im new to blackberry being that this is my first BB phone and I've only had it for a month or two. I have recently just been starting to have an issue with my SMS text message receiving and sending. Well it usaully happens when i text my friends that have the verizon service. I send a text message and it sends and then i will get a text back after like 15 mins and ill say what took so long? they respond like 5 mins later saying i texted you back right away what are you talking about... your the one that took long. So i asked them to tell me the times that they got my text and then sent me it back. I had sent the text at 10:13 PM and they recieved it at 10:21 PM and responded at 10:22 i recieved that text message at 10:29 so yeah hopefully you understand my problem and im at my house where i have full service so i cant seem to find the problem but maybe you guys can

-Thanks Crackberry!!

Jared
    07-14-08 09:41 PM
    Seems like the messages are getting caught up somewhere on their end or your end... you should check and see if this happens with your other friends. If it is something going on with the towers in your area, there is nothing you can really do. This should not have anything to do with your device...

I would text some friends on a different carrier and perform the same tests you did with the VZW people. And have them do the same with someone else on a different carrier. Or just someone else in general.

If you cannot deduct what is wrong after testing, then call ATT and have them call VZW and explain the problems and try to figure it out!!

Sorry for the issues I hate when technology does not work like it should!
    07-14-08 09:46 PM
    Thanks for the advice ill try that and hopefully itll fix it i can see that its starting to get better its going down from 5 mins to like 3 mins hahaha. But I will see if theres nay difference with my other friends carriers thanks again ill respond and tell you what happens

-Jared
    07-14-08 09:51 PM
    Well i texted other people on verizon and worked fine so must jsut be her phone thanks a lot for the advice

-Jared
    07-14-08 09:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD