My cousin has a Curve, just as i do. I decided to let him connect my phone to his computer to get some applications from his phone to add to mine ( Such as video camera, voice recorder, etc.) He happens to have AT&T. I have Centennial... Anyways, ever since he's done that, my phone has been shutting off completely everytime my phone is loading things ( like maps things on the internet.). What would be the problem? Thanx
    01-15-09 07:24 PM
    It sounds as if he upgraded your OS. Do you two have the same device, what model Curves do you both have?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-09 07:33 PM
    Both 8310's
    01-15-09 07:38 PM
    What exactly is an OS?
    01-15-09 07:40 PM
    Operating system that runs your device. Upgrading your OS would be the way he would add apps to your device. There may have been a problem with the upgrade.
    You probably should start with sending service books, registering your device and then doing a battery pull.

01-15-09 07:47 PM
    Send Service Books: Click your internet email icon (the envelope with a gear in front of it)> click service books> click send service books, or log onto your provider's website and send them from there.

Register Device: Click options> click advanced options> roll down and click host routing table> press your menu key> select register now> click back and close.

01-15-09 07:49 PM
    To do a battery pull, remove the back and take the battery out while your phone is on. The put it back in after 30 seconds and let it start up.

01-15-09 07:51 PM
    Im sorry, im new and i have no clue how to send service books registering or batterie pulling. lol
    01-15-09 07:52 PM
    There is a possibility you will need to wipe your device and reload your OS.

01-15-09 07:53 PM
    Read this before you do anything else. Be sure to read through the 101 guide. You should not be attempting to wipe your device and install the OS until you understand a little bit better how it works.

BlackBerry 101 How-To Lecture Series | CrackBerry.com
    01-15-09 08:23 PM
    So far it is working. I just downloaded google maps. The last few times i tryed it wouldnt let me.
    01-15-09 08:32 PM
    Mama is right LB, and I assumed you wouldn't try to upgrade because I didn't give you enough information to do that. However sending service books and doing a battery pull or reset are things everyone needs to know how to do. If it came to doing any upgrading of your device, I would have you contact me so I could talk you through it - as I have done with almost 200 members with no failures.

01-15-09 09:26 PM
    Do me a favor, go to Options (the wrench icon), open it, then click on about and let me know what is on the 3rd line. It will be a string of numbers like 4.5.0.00. That is your operating system version.

01-15-09 09:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD