Hi this is the first time I have posted so please could someone help me!!

My blackberry is a 8310 on O2. I bought it in October 2008 in the UK so i shouldnt have any problems yet, it has the original operating system in it.

All of a sudden a couple of weeks ago it started draining battery really quickly. i hadnt added any new apps but decided to try and delete some after reading these forums saying that it could be my apps causing it. Not only that but if i leave the phone for a couple of hours then go back to it the screen has gone white and little black writing comes up saying apps error / reset. Then it turns off and on again. Everytime i do this i lose my email history and facbook history, and my battery is drained.

the memory is over 16 something remaining which i have read on here is fine also my apps are face book, msn messenger and sudoku - nothing too much i hope!

Lastly when i am trying to text and email, it comes up with an annoying egg timer that stops me typing all the time. It comes up as well on the normal screen when I am not donig anything roughly every 3 seconds.

Do i need a new operating system or a master reset or something or should i send it to the manufacturer? I hope its not nuked!

Can anyone help??

Thanks so much!
    05-22-09 08:54 AM
    Go to options>status and post that file free number here. It could be a memory problem but you also might need a OS upgrade...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-09 08:57 AM
    Have you tried doing the "fix all" battery pull yet?

05-22-09 09:00 AM
    Also facebook can cause this. numerous post about facebook causing resets and battery drains. OS upgrade would not hurt if you have not done this
    05-22-09 09:01 AM
    Hi Thankyou!

my file free is 11727629

Are you supposed to upgrade the os regularly? I have never done this!!

Thanks again!
    05-22-09 09:02 AM
    Thanks - I have pulled the battery whilst everything is on and it doesnt work unfortunately!
    05-22-09 09:03 AM
    The error you are getting would indicate that an application is causing the problem.

Try removing the facebook application and see if this resolves the issue. it can always be re-installed.

Might even be a corrupt native application. If this is case wiping the device would resolve the issue. THe problem is if you restore a backup, this might bring the problem back.

If you do wipe the device, at minimum sync your device to outlook to preserve the calendar, contacts, notes, and tasks.
    05-22-09 09:08 AM
    Okay your file free is 11 mb. This is close to that 12 mb range that is normally suggested to run things smoothly. I'm with lastraid about facebook. It caused a lot of problems with my device so I deleted it. But you may wanna look here to free some space up...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

05-22-09 09:09 AM
    As others have said, facebook can be the culprit of the problems you describe. I'm not sure if the os upgrade fixes the facebook probs. You don't necessarily need to upgrade the os regularly unless the newest os addresses an issue you need fixed, which in this case might be prudent. If you do thje upgrade and still have the same problems you might delete facebook and see if that fixes the problem.

05-22-09 09:10 AM
    Thanks so much - i am just deleting Facebook now so hopefully this will solve it! Thanks for your help - will be in touch if its still slow!
    05-22-09 09:20 AM
    Cool let us know - we can give other options after this
    05-22-09 09:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD