Hello guys! I'm new here, first of all i want to introduce myself.. My name is Alex and i'm from Romania and from 3 days i've got a magnificent bb 8320 curve.i'm very excited about it but i have some problems with him and i hope we can resolve together.
    First of all it's about the internet connection..i spoke to operators from my carrier in Romania (Vodafone) and they told me that i can't access the internet without a BlackBerry contract signed (BIS or BES). But i think it's a way to access internet without that contracts that are very expensive (11euro/mounth for 5mb traffic). So it's a way to connect the internet without that contract? I heard that BB compacts the size of data from internet and that 5mb of traffic is kinda ok for 1 mounth, it's real this ? How much means 5mb of BB traffic in real traffic ? 500mb or less ? I mention that i will use for browsing,messenger,youtube etc..without downloads or things like this.
    Second problem is that my browser when i try to connect the internet tells me this: "This is a wi-fi service.Please ensure your device has an active wi-fi connection and try again". I tryed to change this from connection settings but: Hotspot browser is the only thing i have there to choose.
    Third problem is about the shortcuts from first screen (desktop). How can i change them?

This are my current problems and i hope we can resolve them. Thanks for your time and have a nice day.

best wishes and regards,
    alex
    09-29-09 04:59 PM
    Yes since you have a 8320 which has wifi you can access the internet. However you would not be able to use your phone to its full advantage. 5 mb isn't a lot of data. That 5 mb is pretty much unlimited emailing, IM and the occasional browse on the browser. If you are going to use it for mostly browsing, youtube that 5mb data is not going to be enough. To change the icons on your screen just go to your app home screen go to a app hit the menu key and hit move. Then move that icon where ever you choose and hit the trackball. Do this to all your icons to what ever order you want them in.
    09-29-09 05:23 PM
    depending on the theme the icons at the top of your app page show up on your home page and follow jtransdirections for moving them.

Without the bis plan you will only have access to wifi and you will need to find hot spots that you can access.
    09-29-09 05:40 PM
    but i heard that are some settings i could make to use it with gprs/edge
    09-29-09 05:52 PM
    but i heard that are some settings i could make to use it with gprs/edge
    Your BB is always connected through gprs and edge. But you still need a data plan if you want to use the browser without wifi. I mean you can still go on the browser without a data plan but unless if you want to get charge unexpectedly by the byte I would highly recommend a data plan
    Last edited by jtran91; 09-29-09 at 06:14 PM.
    09-29-09 06:12 PM
    Your BB is always connected through gprs and edge. But you still need a data plan if you want to use the browser without wifi. I mean you can still go on the browser without a data plan but unless if you want to get charge unexpectedly by the byte I would highly recommend a data plan
    ok i got it now.. so without that contract signed i can't use internet. but i think is kinda expensive 11e/mounth right? I hope i get more info now from you about the traffic. 5mb is enough what do u think ?
    09-29-09 06:59 PM
    guyz..how can i update my soft?
    12-01-09 08:04 PM
    look at the stickys at the top of forum for os's or directions in my sig
    12-02-09 11:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD