I am trying to install opera and am having some problems. I get the application downloaded to my phone with no problem but when i go to the icon and start the install process this is what happens. I get two pop ups asking to allow a connection to the network i say yes to both it begins to install then it stops and I get a message that says "Failed to connect to the internet. Contact service provider for internet settings" I have not had a problem with going to anything on the internet so do i just need to change some settings to install this?
    02-20-08 02:08 PM
    Should be an easy fix. All you have to do is add the APN settings.

Go to Options > Advanced Options > TCP.

For APN, enter wap.voicestream.com. Leave both the username and password blank. Save and close out the dialog.
    02-20-08 02:26 PM
    well that worked to do the install so thank you for the help! but now i get to the end-user license agreement and after going all the way to the bottom I do not see anywhere to acceptthe agreement am I missing it or is it just not actually scrolling all the way to the bottom?
    02-20-08 02:45 PM
    hit menu=> accept if i remember correctly
    02-20-08 02:55 PM
    Thank you texas, that worked
    02-20-08 02:58 PM
    Don't feel bad Shoy I spent about an hour looking for the accept box to!
    02-20-08 03:18 PM
    I was having the same problem and I changed the TCP like it says but it didn't solve the problem..ahh.
    02-20-08 09:16 PM
    i got it to install, but sometimes it says that it's trring to access a "low level network". hope that doesn't mean "you're getting charged".
    02-20-08 09:22 PM
    I have a 8320 tmo, do you have to have your wifi off before installing opera? Thanks.
    02-21-08 12:39 PM
    You can download Opera Mini with the BB Browser over wifi and install it, but you cannot use Opera Mini to browse web sites over a wifi connection.
    02-21-08 01:28 PM
    Thanks sunkast, I tried doing the install last night have still have the same problem; for tmo, do you have to have the web plan inorder for om to operate? what I have is unlimited bb email & txt message. Please advice. Thanks.
    02-22-08 12:27 PM
    You will need to add a data plan. Your current email + text message plan does not include data.
    02-22-08 12:47 PM
    I was having the same problem and I changed the TCP like it says but it didn't solve the problem..ahh.
    you need to fine the AT&T TCP
    02-22-08 03:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD