Ok so i went to download the 4.5 OS update from RIM and when the application loader scans for updates it says my device is already running the current software. But my device is running 4.3 OS not 4.5, does anyone know why it isn't letting me download the update and how i can fix this??? Any help will be much appreciated Thanx
    01-21-09 09:45 AM
    Ok so i went to download the 4.5 OS update from RIM and when the application loader scans for updates it says my device is already running the current software. But my device is running 4.3 OS not 4.5, does anyone know why it isn't letting me download the update and how i can fix this??? Any help will be much appreciated Thanx
    Does your carrier offer the same OS upgrade? If so, you should find it on their website.
    01-21-09 09:48 AM
    Use crackmem which can be found in the memory link in my signature. Use it to remove what you don't need and the vendor xml file. Then have it open desktop manager and it should start the update
    01-21-09 09:50 AM
    If your carrier dosent offer that OS you need to delete the xml file which can be found on your pc my computer- programfiles-common files- research in motion-apploader and delete the xml file. Also try downloading crackmem from my Don't touch my ish. It will do all this for you and you should be squared away. Hope this woks for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-09 09:51 AM
    Ok so when i go into my program files i don't see how to delete the xml file. Sorry if this is a basic question but i have never done this before and want to be sure of what im doing. I also looked on sprints site and nowhere do i see anything about updating OS's. If anyone can help me out and explain how i can delete the xml file so i can update my OS id greatly appreciate it. Thanx
    Last edited by FuturaxLabs; 01-21-09 at 11:19 AM.
    01-21-09 11:10 AM
    The new version of Desktop Manager uses the internet to detect the OS that is authorized by your carrier. To upgrade, you need to disconnect from the internet before you run Desktop Manager.
    01-21-09 11:40 AM
    There are two ways to upgrade a BlackBerry. The preferred way is to allow your carrier to control the procedure and install their choice of OS upgrade. If your carrier has not approved a v4.5xx upgrade, you can do it manualy.

Use the link posted in the sticky threads for the latest carrier approved upgrades.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...nguage-106355/

01-21-09 12:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD