I know how to delete my text messages but for some reason I can't get rid of two particular texts!!! I've tried everything to delete them and nothing seems to do the job. What can I do??
    01-27-09 10:15 AM
    Battery pull should get rid of it. With the phone on, pull your battery and wait 30 seconds, then reinsert battery to restart your phone. See if this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-09 10:18 AM
    Battery pull should get rid of it. With the phone on, pull your battery and wait 30 seconds, then reinsert battery to restart your phone. See if this helps.

Yes, that worked!!! Thank you so much!!
    01-27-09 10:25 AM
    You're very welcome!

01-27-09 10:26 AM
    Very similar problem here....mostly with text messages but with a few emails. Also on a 8330. Shortly after the messages would not delete, I had other issues start. I could delete them in the messages folder when it was opened, but once I went back to the today screen, they were there again. Battery pull was the only solution, and I was having to do that multiple times a day. After a week or so, the phone started hourglassing and not responding to anything. Memory check was fine, cleaned cache, reinstalled OS, and nothing helped. US Cellular sent me another phone. Within six hours of being activated, the same thing started. I am now waiting for phone number 3 this week. They have no idea what is causing it. Any thoughts??
    02-01-09 09:16 PM
    I also have exactly the same problem on curve 8310, mine will hold atleast 3 messages on home screen, does not matter how i try to delete them they still appear.
    02-02-09 11:39 AM
    Problem is...I did that, erased every message in the Curve. Went so far as to reinstall OS thinking something was corrupt. That didn't work. Had a second device sent to me, did not transfer any messaging over to it, and within 4 hours it was doing the same thing. I am having a third, this week, sent to me tomorrow. I'll let you know how long it takes it to get messed up. I'm almost scared to put the battery in it.
    02-02-09 10:10 PM
    Yea the same type of problem used to happen to me on one of my old HTC devices. It would act like you havent read the text even though i read and deleted it. I would do a battery pull and it always reset itself.
    02-02-09 10:15 PM
    I think there is a easier and faster solution to this. This used to happen to my Curve too ... well still does ... It usually happens when the phone is locked and a new message has arrived ... when u type in the password it directly opens up the message and when you go back to the home screen the message stays there even though you delete it from the SMS folder.

Solution:
    When the message opens up DO NOT DELETE it ... instead click on menu and click on Mark unopened ... go back to your home screen and VOILA ... the message is no longer there. You can now go and delete that message from your message folder.

I came across this solution in some forum where some1 else had posted. Thought I might share with you guys.
    Enjoy!!
    02-03-09 05:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD