I have just gotten a blackberry curve yesterday and this is my first blackberry phone. I have set up the device manager, have been able to figure out how to make my own ringtones. I have that all figured out, my only problem is:

When I receive a call, only a short clip of the ringtone will play. The ringtone itself is 19 seconds, so it isn't too long. But I haven't figured out why it is doing this. Please help me if you can!
    04-02-08 06:01 PM
    What format is the ringtone in?
    04-02-08 06:10 PM
    well, I originally put all of the ringtones in .wav formats. But seeing how it was only giving me a clip of the ringtone when it rang. I made another one and put it in .mp3 format. Same problem.
    04-02-08 06:13 PM
    Where are you getting the music from and what are you using to convert them?
    04-02-08 06:29 PM
    I have downloaded the song from limewire. I'm using a program called wavepad to edit the song clips and convert them to any format I need.
    04-02-08 06:37 PM
    After being converted to mp3 they should work... Could try using Audacity instead. Make sure you install the LAME mp3 encoder too.
    04-02-08 06:51 PM
    I tried it and it's still just a clip it's still only playing 6 seconds of a 19 second file. Thank you though, if you have any other ideas, let me know!
    04-02-08 07:47 PM
    You tried Audacity?
    04-02-08 07:56 PM
    yea, i downloaded Audacity and got the mp3 encoder, in fact 3 of my other ringtones i had stored on my microsd card came from using audacity. HOWEVER! I finally figured it out.. I just changed my conversion options with the media manager (pretty much just trying any possible away to see if anything will work.) well I changed it to convert to MP3 through the media manager and it worked!! Thank you for your help though!!
    04-02-08 08:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD