I usually hold down "1 but for some reason that's not working anymore.

When I do that it asks me, "Assign a Speed Dial to the W key?".

I'm not sure why it doesn't work, heck, I hardly even need to check it.
    06-23-10 11:57 AM
    U need to call AT&T and get the retrieval number and assign it as the W speed dial. If you dont want to call ask someone who has an AT&T phone in your area what theirs is and its usually the same one. After you get the number assign the correct speed dial key which will be the W/1 key
    06-23-10 12:43 PM
    U need to call AT&T and get the retrieval number and assign it as the W speed dial. If you dont want to call ask someone who has an AT&T phone in your area what theirs is and its usually the same one. After you get the number assign the correct speed dial key which will be the W/1 key
    Well my parents do. How would I go about finding the retrieval number on one of their phones?
    06-23-10 12:53 PM
    Go to Menu/Options/Phone options/Voice mail. You should be able to input your own # , and password in. At least that's how it works on mine (sprint)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-10 01:45 PM
    Why can't you just assign your own phone number to 'W' add a pause and type in your password. Should work the same. In case all the calling to AT&T, etc doesn't work.
    SoccerRef
    06-23-10 01:50 PM
    Go to Menu/Options/Phone options/Voice mail. You should be able to input your own # , and password in. At least that's how it works on mine (sprint)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I put in my number but I'm not sure what my password would be.
    06-23-10 03:43 PM
    Why can't you just assign your own phone number to 'W' add a pause and type in your password. Should work the same. In case all the calling to AT&T, etc doesn't work.
    SoccerRef
    You cant put your phone number there because your telephone number is not routed to any vm platform. You can call your phone number and get to your voicemail that way. You need to be routed to a voicemail platform which is the purpose of the retrieval number.
    06-23-10 04:16 PM
    You cant put your phone number there because your telephone number is not routed to any vm platform. You can call your phone number and get to your voicemail that way. You need to be routed to a voicemail platform which is the purpose of the retrieval number.
    Just to see if it would work, I tried it and it works. I made an entry in my Contacts, gave it my mobile number and assigned it to a speed dial and it dialed my voicemail. I'm not sure what all that has to do with vm platform, but it works.
    06-23-10 05:20 PM
    That's weird, it works now but it wouldn't work earlier. Thanks guys!
    06-23-10 05:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD