I posted this in the AT&T forum, but I'm not sure that is the right place, so here goes again.

I recently got a BB 8310 Curve and have had no problem syncing up with my Outlook for contacts, appointments, etc. What I have not been able to figure out is how to make a sound notification on my BB.

I go to Profiles > Advanced > DV1 (the profile I created) > Edit > Calendar, and then the following fields filled in as:
    (The in & out of holster are set the same):

In or Out: Vibrate + Tone
    Tune: Notifier_contentment
    Volume: Medium
    # of Beeps: 2
    Repeat Notification: LED flashing
    # of Vibrations: 2
    Notify During Calls: Yes

Is "calendar" where I need to have those notifications set up, if so what might be wrong? Do I need to set the Task section up to match the Calender options? Any help is very much appreciated.

I have also made sure that my calendar options default reminder time, etc. The only field I'm not sure about is Enable Quick Entry which I have set to yes.
    02-19-08 02:32 AM
    Everything you have here sounds right to me and I checked my settings also to verify. The only thing I can think for you to try is instead of vibrate+tone, try just tone and see what happens. The "Enable Quick Entry" should not have any effect on your reminder alert.
    02-19-08 08:53 AM
    Well, I've made sure that none of the fields in my profile are set to mute and still no alert. Bummer. Using it for my planner is a large part of my daily use. I've got to figure this one out.
    02-19-08 12:17 PM
    I have the same problem
    02-21-08 04:19 PM
    Hi,

I have the same issue, on a BES at my work. Any luck?

Dave
    04-09-08 05:27 PM
    No luck. By the way, we're running Lotus notes on the BES - I was able to get one alarm to sound, it was an alarm from my 'to do' list and the alarm had been set to 'send email'. It didn't send an email, rather it vibrated which is what I have calendar alarms set up to do. I have subsequently not been able to replicate this alarm using the to do list or setting calendar to 'send email'.

Question: Are you running Lotus, Outlook, or other on the BES?
    04-10-08 05:50 AM
    Once you have set up the new profile DV1 it should show up in the list along with vibrate, quite etc. Chose DV1 as the (Active) and the alert should now sound. Do a test run with a "test" activity in your calendar 2 minutes from the current time. You can hear ring tone as normal for incomming calls.
    03-20-10 08:56 PM
    You just responded to a thread that is almost two years old. Presumably, the user has moved on with their life.
    03-20-10 09:06 PM
    Make sure its not muted ! Out of holster/in holster.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-10 01:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD