This afternoon, I got home, and was on my computer. My blackberry was sitting on my desk charging via the AC wall charger. As I was browsing the internet, I noticed my blackberry switch to the hourglass and then shut off. I picked it up and could not figure out what happened. Now my blackberry is on an infinite loop of...

3seconds- black screen
    2seconds-startup w/ hourglass
    4seconds-solid red light

...This has been going on for hours. When trying to plug into my PC, the device is not recognized because it shuts on and off too fast. I hear the USB noises ping every 1/2second. So I gave up on that. Also, I have removed the battery for 30 seconds, etc. Nothing changes when I hit the power button again. Any ideas? I don't want to lose my blackberry!
    02-04-09 08:24 PM
    02-04-09 08:27 PM
    The OS must have somehow been corrupted. Follow the instructions in tra444's post. If that doesn't work try the link in my sig for nuked BB.
    02-04-09 08:32 PM
    I'm following the steps for a nuked blackberry now. It will hopefully work.
    02-04-09 08:45 PM
    The Nuked Berry Guides do not work. I can connect and attempt to install any software with the guide, but the device fails to initialize and connect to JVM. I'm screwed and without a phone for 3 days now!
    02-06-09 04:20 PM
    How long have you had this device? Can you take it to the store or get it replaced? If you are within 30 days you would get another "new" phone if that is of any interest.....
    02-06-09 04:22 PM
    wow man that sucks
    02-06-09 05:10 PM
    I bought the phone unlocked for about $250 about a year ago. So basically I am screwed. Unless anyone has an answer. I looked around and saw other people were having the same problem exactly. It hasn't been fixed... Come on RIM!
    02-06-09 07:00 PM
    have you followed tra444's advice and gone to http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...kberry-32322/?

I wish I had some other advice. I feel your pain. I got my BB from a buddy for $50.00. If it bricks I will be well and truly screwed.
    02-06-09 07:50 PM
    Yup, but I've been looking around on the web, and it seems alot of 8310s have been bricked from this new update, and they are stuck as well. At least I'm not alone.
    02-06-09 08:04 PM
    If that's true, I'm glad I haven't done the update yet. I usually jump on a new version as soon as it is available.

I am truly sorry about your bad luck, berryattack.
    02-06-09 08:42 PM
    Would AT&T be able to help you out over the phone? I talked to my friend and he is the ultimate noob with BB and when he had a problem he called AT&T with his bricked phone and they actually helped him out. He spoke with someone in NAS? I have no clue who or what department that is but they solved his issue from a dead phone. He had nothing on the screen post update error.

Good luck
    02-06-09 08:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD