Just a question about Desktop Manager. I have OS 4.5.0.77 installed on my PC and my fiance is running an older OS and doesn`t like the quirkyness of the speakerphone at the beginning of calls so until an OS fixes that she prefers to keep the old one.

Is there any way from preventing it to upgrade the OS other than to uninstall .77 and reinstall the older version

Its a pain having to uninstall and reinstall any time I want to load apps on one phone and then on another at a later time.

Also theres no option to deselect when using the app loader, it loads the newer OS even if I just want to install a theme or application

Thanks for any input!
    09-18-08 02:14 AM
    nope. get a second computer.
    09-18-08 09:29 AM
    Would it be possible to install DM to a different folder logged it as another user? I don't know if its possible or if there will be some form of conflict. I have never given any thought to how multiple users would go about using the same pc to interfaces with DM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-08 03:53 AM
    Not possible as far as I know mate..
    09-21-08 04:31 AM
    Its always been my impression that DM recognizes each device as its own. I'm not sure why you would be prompted to reinstall the OS each time one or the other connects.
    I have 2 BB's & both were not running the same OS at the same time & DM didnt give me any prompts to upgrade each time I unplugged one & plugged in the other.

Since you both are using different OS, there should be 2 folders (OS)- one for you, one for her on the computer. Let us know what you have & we can help you further from there.

09-21-08 05:01 AM
    Try removing the app loader file out of the operating system. Mess around with removing key functionality files from the OS.
    Do I need to tell people who don't know what they're doing not to try this?
    09-21-08 06:11 AM
    There are two ways to do this.

1. uninstall the OS from your PC. This is not so drastic since you have the install file and it only takes about 5 mins to re-install.

2. re-instate the Vendor.xml file so that (provided the OS is NOT for your carier) DM will not try to install it. You can achoeve the same end by re-installing the OS to original condition.
    09-21-08 07:03 AM
    I simply ignore the prompts. The DM also wants to do a couple other upgrades as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-08 07:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD