I have a Curve 8330. If I hit the end key while an incoming call is still ringing, what actually happens? I have someone calling me that I don't want to hear from and I keep hitting the end key and it stops ringing immediately. Anyone know what the other end of that call is getting from that. Is their ring just cut off or does it continue ringing but I don't know it? Are they still able to leave a mesage when I do that, or have I cut the cord on them?
    03-30-09 08:46 PM
    It sends them to VM.. if you hit the button on the side or top, to them it will keep ringing till VM picks up, but if you hit the end key whatever amt of rings they hear then goes to VM - like it will cut off the rings.
    03-30-09 08:48 PM
    That kicks in the ignore function and sends them to voicemail. If you feel like searching, there are a few call blocking apps around that can help, if you really don't want to hear from them.
    03-30-09 08:48 PM
    It sends them to VM.. if you hit the button on the side or top, to them it will keep ringing till VM picks up, but if you hit the end key whatever amt of rings they hear then goes to VM - like it will cut off the rings.
    Thanks. I appreciate the quick reply.
    03-30-09 08:51 PM
    That kicks in the ignore function and sends them to voicemail. If you feel like searching, there are a few call blocking apps around that can help, if you really don't want to hear from them.

Thanks for the quick reply. I've got her down to only trying to call me a handful of times each month now, so I'm not going to worry about blocking her. I was just hoping that perhaps it would cut off the call and not take her to voicemail, so she would just think that she was blocked. Oh well. Again, thanks.
    03-30-09 08:56 PM
    It's basically and ignore button.
    03-31-09 06:38 AM
    I Love that IGNORE function every now and again...
    03-31-09 06:40 AM
    I often use the ignore button, I love it!
    03-31-09 08:54 AM
    Thanks for the quick reply. I've got her down to only trying to call me a handful of times each month now, so I'm not going to worry about blocking her. I was just hoping that perhaps it would cut off the call and not take her to voicemail, so she would just think that she was blocked. Oh well. Again, thanks.
    Or you could just pick up the phone and tell her how you really feel and then you will no longer have to deal with these calls that you are always ignoring.
    03-31-09 08:57 AM
    ignore is great BUT most serial callers can now tell when you hit the ignore button : ) they count the number of rings before going to voicemail
    03-31-09 08:59 AM
    Or you could just pick up the phone and tell her how you really feel and then you will no longer have to deal with these calls that you are always ignoring.

There's a piece of bad advice. When I used to answer occasionally, I received hundreds of calls from her daily. I have it down to something quite manageable now and I'm not going to blow that by answering and giving her false hope, and start the influx of calls all over again. Stick to giving technical advice on this forum. My question was an easy one and answered more than adequately right away. Anything beyond that is obviously to increase post counts. Why anyone would care about that is beyond me.
    03-31-09 09:35 AM
    Remind you of anyone, Thinkamp?

Safe to say, MrHarley is not your next candidate.

Ghrrrrr!! Bad girl, BAD girl!!
    03-31-09 10:01 AM
    There's a piece of bad advice. When I used to answer occasionally, I received hundreds of calls from her daily. I have it down to something quite manageable now and I'm not going to blow that by answering and giving her false hope, and start the influx of calls all over again. Stick to giving technical advice on this forum. My question was an easy one and answered more than adequately right away. Anything beyond that is obviously to increase post counts. Why anyone would care about that is beyond me.
    That was a little on the rude side. If you didn't like the advice, don't take it. All you had to do was ignore it and everything would have passed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-09 10:08 AM
    Remind you of anyone, Thinkamp?

Safe to say, MrHarley is not your next candidate.

Ghrrrrr!! Bad girl, BAD girl!!
    Yea he does...but I'm not even going to respond!
    Sad people cannot even state their opinions anymore.

That was a little on the rude side. If you didn't like the advice, don't take it. All you had to do was ignore it and everything would have passed.

It's okay...I don't feel the need to say something back to that.
    03-31-09 10:09 AM
    Use Vymail and she would hear a customized VoiceMail and you can block so they can leave you a message. And it is FREE.

I use it and have two people hearing and ATT error message, while I have Verizon lol
    03-31-09 10:15 AM

What is rude is giving advice to someone that hasn't asked for it and not having a clue what the situation is that they are giving advice about. As far as advice goes, you should take your own advice and ignore it, and everything would have passed, but you took it upon yourself to call me rude. As I said before, I came on here and asked a simple question. I received two fine responses almost immediately, and I was polite enough to acknowledge each of those answers with my gratitude for their quick responses, and simply added a bit of an explanation as to exactly what I had been unsure of. If I want advice on how I should communicate with an ex, I certainly wouldn't be seeking it on a forum dedicated to Blackberrys, just as I wouldn't seek medical information on a motorcycle forum.

Yes, I appreciate the fact that thinkamp was trying to help, but it was so misguided that I felt the need to convey the thought to him/her that if you don't know what you are talking about, sometimes it's best to just stick to the topic and leave an already answered question alone.

I'm sure I've given your little clique enough fuel here to keep you amused for the rest of the evening.

By the way, thank you to Venc for having the maturity to pass by this nonsense and actually offer a good piece of advice in Vymail. I did look into that previously and I can't remember why, but there was some reason that I didn't want to set that up. I may check that out again. Thanks.
    03-31-09 06:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD