While checking my pictures last night, in my new Verizon BB 8330 Curve I noticed that the "Preloaded Picture" folder was empty. If the Curve that I received was new, shouldn't there be preloaded pictures in it for wallpaper?
    02-24-09 06:14 AM
    The reason for this is the massive amount of Device Memory the preloaded pics took up. Since you have a BB now wallpapers are free, get a media card and store your pics, music, ringtones on that, do not put these on the device memory, only on the media card...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-09 06:20 AM
    If you got a device without preloaded pics, you got lucky. As SD said, they are a memory hog, because they were stored in device memory.

02-24-09 06:26 AM
    Thanks for the replies. I was just concerned that the corporate store might have given me a Blackberry that someone else returned. I paid full retail for it, so it should definitely be a new one and not used.
    I did purchase a memory card for my BB. The sales Rep. was nice enough to put it in for me, and transfer all of my pictures from my old RAZR to the Curve.
    02-24-09 07:02 AM
    What's the OS version? Options > About 3rd line. If it's OS 4.5, I'm pretty sure as posted that preinstalled pictures in earlier OS's were removed in 4.5 because of their size.
    02-24-09 07:05 AM
    What's the OS version? Options > About 3rd line. If it's OS 4.5, I'm pretty sure as posted that preinstalled pictures in earlier OS's were removed in 4.5 because of their size.
    This could be it then wnm, as my Curve did come with OS Vers. 4.5.0.77.
    02-24-09 07:10 AM
    Yep-imagine the look on my face wen I saw nothing preloaded as well-i was like wat?! Then I called vzw & they said nope don't come w/curve-ok I took a chill pill & did stuff w/my ph to make it happy w/nice wallpapers! Lol!

02-24-09 07:29 AM
    There you go.
    02-24-09 07:31 AM
    This could be it then wnm, as my Curve did come with OS Vers. 4.5.0.77.
    Yup, when I upgraded to 4.5 the preloaded pics were not included. I would have pulled them anyways

02-24-09 07:33 AM
    My new 4.5 Curve 8330 came without the pre-loaded wallpapers too.
    02-27-09 09:36 PM
    While checking my pictures last night, in my new Verizon BB 8330 Curve I noticed that the "Preloaded Picture" folder was empty. If the Curve that I received was new, shouldn't there be preloaded pictures in it for wallpaper?
    Believe me you didn't miss anything...they suck.
    02-27-09 09:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD