I did the upgrade to 4.5 on my Sprint 8330.I notice that the pre-loaded pictures that came with the phone are no longer there. Is there any reason for this and is there a way to get them back?
    10-21-08 11:26 AM
    That is correct, the preinstalled pictures, video and music are not included in the upgraded OS.

If there is a wall paper you can't live without, re-install the original OS and use a screen capture utility to copy the image. Restore the upgraded OS and copy the image to the media card.

You may also find the image in the free Wallpaper section of the forum.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f16/
    10-21-08 11:37 AM
    That is correct, the preinstalled pictures, video and music are not included in the upgraded OS.

If there is a wall paper you can't live without, re-install the original OS and use a screen capture utility to copy the image. Restore the upgraded OS and copy the image to the media card.

You may also find the image in the free Wallpaper section of the forum.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f16/
    WOW, I don't need the pictures that much!!! Thanks anyway...
    10-21-08 11:53 AM
    I'm specifically looking for a few preloaded pictures that disappeared with the v4.5 update. Specifically, the road picture and sky picture. I looked on this site, and didn't see them, but I'm new so there is a chance I missed them. Is the only way to get them back to rollback the software on my 8830? Or are these files available somewhere for transfer onto my memory card?

Thanks.
    12-30-08 10:30 PM
    hahah the telus rep that was serving me (also had a 8330 curve) and she was boggled why the phone didn't come with the preloaded pictures. She even went and downloaded an app to MY phone (a telus app) which i didn't want just to see if thats why i didnt have any preloaded pics. It ticed me off a bit.
    12-30-08 10:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD