Is there any way to stop the carrier image from showing up when I power on my phone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-09 05:12 PM
    No I'm afraid there isn't.

07-11-09 05:52 PM
    Lame, thanks.

07-11-09 06:00 PM
    Not true. You can unbrand your device...its just a risky deal. You brick it, its done. I dont think theres any getting it back if it does brick. Im not going to sit here and explain the procedure for obvious reasons. http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/how...-9000-a-83692/
    Seek out Tronyx.
    07-11-09 07:03 PM
    You will also need to search for the proper VSM files for your screen resolution.
    07-11-09 07:12 PM
    I've seen some other people ask this question, is it really that big of a deal? I mean it only comes up for a few seconds. Don't want to cause problems, just wanted to ask the question. I mean, is there something I'm missing? Couldn't you just, I don't know, look away when you power your phone on? A lot less risky than potentially bricking your Berry.
    07-11-09 07:21 PM
    I've seen some other people ask this question, is it really that big of a deal? I mean it only comes up for a few seconds. Don't want to cause problems, just wanted to ask the question. I mean, is there something I'm missing? Couldn't you just, I don't know, look away when you power your phone on? A lot less risky than potentially bricking your Berry.

I agree with you. Its not a really hard process, only five to ten minutes. Some people make their own splash screens. I personally dont turn mine off enough for it to bother me. Though I have done it in the past. There are other things you can do with the right tools but I'd rather not go down that whole scenario. Lol its just begging for trouble.
    07-11-09 07:26 PM
    Hi guys,

I'm a "beginner", but I think that many people would like change it, I would like know the steps for to do this, can someone help me, please!!!

big hugs
    01-06-11 11:29 AM
    Hi guys,

I'm a "beginner", but I think that many people would like change it, I would like know the steps for to do this, can someone help me, please!!!

big hugs
    The software to do it is RIM's, and isn't for the regular consumer. CrackBerry can get in trouble for even discussing it. From what I've been told the software is dangerous too, you do one thing wrong and your phone can be permanently ruined.

So sorry, you won't get any help with that here.
    leomanancial likes this.
    01-06-11 11:44 AM
    If you are a beginner this is not a good place to start. It probably involves recording, then modifying the code in the E-prom. I have no idea how the software actually works but I have had experience flashing chips. Let it go.

leomanancial likes this.
    01-06-11 09:24 PM
    If you are a beginner this is not a good place to start. It probably involves recording, then modifying the code in the E-prom. I have no idea how the software actually works but I have had experience flashing chips. Let it go.

Don't worries!!! I understood... thanks for your clarification!!!

big hugs
    01-07-11 06:26 AM

Sorry, let me explain... "I'm beginner" in the forum .. but I had some experiences with installation of the OS in some devices like BB, HTC, Nokia... But I'm always learning

Thanks for your reply!!!
    01-07-11 06:31 AM
    No probs leo, just sounds like a lot of trouble for little gain. And from the sound of it you are doing fine with the rest of it!

01-07-11 12:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD