Hey all. Ive had my BB for about a year or so and havent had any problems with it at all. 2 days ago, the power button just stopped working. It wont clear the screen and it wont power off. Everything else is still working. Anyone know of a fix? Should I just use the insurance we have on phone to get a refurbished one? Thanks for any and all help!!
    01-19-09 10:25 AM
    When you say "power button", are you talking about the red End Call\Power button on the front or the Standby button on top?

Also, has the button worked correctly for you in the past?

One more thing, have you tried the end all cure all, battery pull?
    01-19-09 10:28 AM
    Yes, we tried the battery pull and nothing. The power button is the end call/power button. The button has been working fine up until 2 days ago. To end a call now, I have to press the arrow (back button), to get the menu to disconnect! It sucks. lol
    01-19-09 10:32 AM
    If the pull doesn't work, you may have picked up debris under the key OR the key switch may have actually failed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-09 10:35 AM
    If the pull doesn't work, you may have picked up debris under the key OR the key switch may have actually failed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    i agree there might be something under it, debris. get some canned air and hold it a good ways away from your phone and try to clear it out. if that doesnt work, take it to the store and get a replacement.
    01-19-09 10:51 AM
    try cleaning the keyboard, there is two parts to the keyboard, the keypad and the click pad, the metal part the keypad goes on top of, try pressing the button that the end button fits over, you can replace both farely cheap.
    01-19-09 11:19 AM
    Hey all. I tried blowing air under the button and nothing. Guess ill just have to take it to the store or call them for a replacement! Thanks for all the advice!
    01-20-09 03:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD