I keep seeing people refer to how many post someone has. How are they finding that out and why does that matter.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-09 12:02 PM
    In regards to these forums, here's how the status levels play out:

CrackBerry Newbie: 0 posts
    CrackBerry User: 10 posts
    CrackBerry Abuser: 100 posts
    CrackBerry Addict: 500 posts
    CrackBerry Master: 1000 posts
    CrackBerry Genius: 1500 posts
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses: 5000 posts (hit this level and you can request your own custom forum title!)
    10-30-09 12:28 PM
    I keep seeing people refer to how many post someone has. .... why does that matter.
    Generally speaking, someone with 500 or more posts will have more reliable answers than someone with 3 posts.

The forum shows the post count in the top right corner of the post when viewed on a PC.
    10-30-09 12:58 PM
    Post counts don't matter........
    10-30-09 01:00 PM
    Generally speaking, someone with 500 or more posts will have more reliable answers than someone with 3 posts..
    "Generally" being the key word here. Some of us with high post counts aren't all that knowledgeable ....and, someone with lower post counts might be very knowledgeable, but is just more of a reader, and less of a poster.
    10-30-09 01:01 PM
    The only post counts that matter is 10 then after that I believe you can post links… I am a great example of a lot of posts with very little know how...
    10-30-09 05:11 PM
    The OP, posting on wap, asked "how are they finding out"� well, newsman, I can see why it would be a mystery - you only see the post count when you visit the forums on your PC :-) No joy for that on wap.

10-30-09 05:12 PM
    On wap, the user avatar, profile (device, carrier, PIN), and location information also don't show.

10-30-09 05:39 PM
    I agree with Yester18. Post count does not matter. Everyone potentially has something to offer whether you have 1 post or 1000 posts. That's why this site is so great
    10-30-09 05:43 PM
    So true...Always remember. Quality over Quantity. Post to be helpful, not to gain a higher post count!
    10-30-09 05:44 PM
    I try whatever sounds interesting or usefull regardless of count.
    10-30-09 05:47 PM
    I would love to have the ability to hide the post count after reaching say, 1000 posts.
    10-30-09 09:30 PM
    "Generally" being the key word here. Some of us with high post counts aren't all that knowledgeable ....and, someone with lower post counts might be very knowledgeable, but is just more of a reader, and less of a poster.
    gonna have to agree with sultan here... i was a member here for almost a year before i made my first post, but that's because i was able to do the research and find my own answers, but i wasn't comfortable enough to help anyone else until recently, when i finally got vmware so i could run xp on my mac and really play with the OSes etc... not that i am knowledgeable or anything, but i am extremely verbose, and don't like to see anyone floundering on the wide blackberry sea...
    10-30-09 11:44 PM
    I would love to have the ability to hide the post count after reaching say, 1000 posts.
    Yes, that would be great.

10-31-09 12:12 AM
    So true...Always remember. Quality over Quantity. Post to be helpful, not to gain a higher post count!
    yup..there will def be people out there who will post nonsense to acquire a higher post count (some get great satisfaction out of these types of things)..hopefully it doesn't become a raging epidemic and water down the qaulity of content on the site, haha.
    10-31-09 12:17 AM
    yup..there will def be people out there who will post nonsense to acquire a higher post count (some get great satisfaction out of these types of things)
    Nonsense.

10-31-09 10:52 AM
    Now that is funny...
    10-31-09 10:58 AM
    the more someone has, the more reliable they are.
    10-31-09 12:08 PM
    heres one for my post count! lol
    10-31-09 12:18 PM
    i would say that is a false statement sir or madam.

i'll use myself as an example here.

now i may only have about 10 posts, but i would say i have a decent sized wealth of knowledge, being as i work for an AT&T reseller and i have formal training on all BB devices.

in some cases however, you may be right.
    10-31-09 12:39 PM
    i would say that is a false statement sir or madam.

i'll use myself as an example here.

now i may only have about 10 posts, but i would say i have a decent sized wealth of knowledge, being as i work for an AT&T reseller and i have formal training on all BB devices.

in some cases however, you may be right.
    I tend to agree, because a lot of people could have posts b/c they ask for help i only respond to what happened to me with the same info that someone had given me

10-31-09 02:13 PM
    What percentage of posts on any given thread actually answer the question, and how many give their support for that answer, or discuss the answer? Or like this post, totally irrelevent to the thread but interesting if you think about it.

10-31-09 04:55 PM
    I call bs to this. Expanded into real world applications, does more education actually render a person more intelligent? Or able to manuever through a set of steps in life to give them the illusion that they are better? Ever meet a PhD that was a total moron? I have. A piece of paper saying you've passed some arbitrary requirements that have been watered down so as not to exclude a majority of people in the general populace does not indicate intelligence.

Look at my post count (I don't even know where I'm at today for certain). Most of what I post is BS to keep myself entertained. I do know a lot about what I've done to my BB, and try to give actual help when I can, but don't call me an expert. If I had more free time I'd have 4x as many posts just from boredom than actual knowledge. It's possible to become a crackberry genius of geniuses without having more than a rudimentary understanding of how a blackberry works.

Wow, now I remember why posting after drinking is so much fun. Happy Halloween everyone.

10-31-09 05:02 PM
    Great, well thanks for the information and here's to my 25th post, salut!

11-03-09 11:23 AM
    Agreed...

10char
    11-03-09 11:32 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD