Over the past week, I have gotten several mail delivery failure notices to addresses I have never seen. (I have not sent them email.) I do not get this message on my desktop which uses the same email address. Could I have a virus on my Blackberry? How would I get rid of it?:rolleyes
    05-27-08 08:32 AM
    Not likely. Those are usually deliberate attempts to get you to respond, validating your e-mail address to send you more spam. What e-mail system do you use on your PC?
    05-27-08 08:35 AM
    there are no viruses for bb it is a very safe platform
    05-27-08 08:36 AM
    What you are experiencing is not a bb virus. Many PC viruses and worms capture the email contact list of their host and use those email addresses as return addresses for virus-generated emails. That's likely what's happening to you. It doesn't mean you have a virus on your PC. Since your address is in the return field, you're getting the replies. There's not really anything you can do but delete the messages. The other addresses on the list will be spoofed as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-08 08:58 AM
    The issue is with your email account, or rather the organization that runs it and the antispam software for it. If this is your work email, let the admins know that there's been a rise on NDR (Non-Delivery Report) spam lately. The problem is that the actual NDR report is the originating SPAM, not a real NDR, but by default antispam software doesn't block it because it looks like a valid NDR. That being said, depending on what your company uses to prune out SPAM from email, they'll most likely have to apply a patch and make rule changes to solve this problem. FYI, if they are using a product called GFI Mail Essentials, there most definatly is a patch available for it... have the IT guys get in touch with GFI support and they will give them the writeup for it.
    05-27-08 09:06 AM
    JRSCCivic98: that's good to know. I didn't realize these NDR's could be blocked at the IT center level, since they typically appear to be coming from different valid return addresses.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-08 09:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD