Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. running from lions's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Is it possible to upload images via UBS cord?

    I've tried searching through the forum with the search tool, and good old Mr. Google isn't helping much either. I was wondering because I can't insert my media card into my desktop computer obviously, and my phone doesn't have internet so I can't email it to myself. Apologies if this question has been asked before, clearly I am a n00b. Thank you in advanced.
  2. Tremortality's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,687 Posts
    #2  

    Default

    Enable Mass Storage Mode Support and its a snap.

    options>media card>mass storage mode support = ON. Once you have done that its as simple as plugging in the device (via the USB cord) and dragging and dropping what you wish to and from the BB/PC. Treat it like you would any other flash/removable drive. Browse "my computer" and look for blackberry listed as one of the drives (where you see C:, D:, E: etc)
  3. chelseytx's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,497 Posts
    #3  

    Default

    what exactly are you trying to do.

    you can plug your phone into the computer and via My Computer and the removable drive transfer the pics and whatever else to your computer.

    to enable Mass Storage Mode (MSM) go to options, media card, enable msm and then chose either automatically use or ask to use
    Last edited by chelseytx; 03-14-2009 at 01:33 AM.
  4. broddam's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    45 Posts
    #4  

    Default

    Yes, with the desktop manager you can transfer the pics from BB to PC via the USB cord. Then of course from your PC you can upload until your hearts content

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  5. chelseytx's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,497 Posts
    #5  

    Default

    yeah, what trem said. lol
    "I noticed u have a .32 Caliber disability..."
    "I, Like, so totally have no clue how to use this [edit] thing, so u better not move, okay?"
    "I don't know about that Ray, she's pretty good with a weapon. u saw how she just killed that tree branch. Heck, Imagine what she can do with 1 eye open!"
    If your phone ever pisses u off enough... THREATEN IT WITH THE DISHWASHER - That will scare it straight!
    P.S. - the washer works well too!.... And the toilet, the bathtub, the sink, the shower
  6. ScandaLeX's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    9,503 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,176 Global Posts
    PIN
    ch Ur Own %^z
    #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by running from lions View Post
    I've tried searching through the forum with the search tool, and good old Mr. Google isn't helping much either. I was wondering because I can't insert my media card into my desktop computer obviously, and my phone doesn't have internet so I can't email it to myself. Apologies if this question has been asked before, clearly I am a n00b. Thank you in advanced.
    If your attempting to put media on your phone from your computer, then what Trem says is correct; yet the title of your post (Is it possible to upload images via UBS cord?) and the fact that you've said you have no internet has me thinking you don't mean getting images or media on your phone.
    EVO da 1st 4G
    Posted from my *EYE*pad!
  7. running from lions's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

    Default

    Thanks guys. It's ridiculous how easy the answer is haha.
  8. running from lions's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScandaLeX View Post
    If your attempting to put media on your phone from your computer, then what Trem says is correct; yet the title of your post (Is it possible to upload images via UBS cord?) and the fact that you've said you have no internet has me thinking you don't mean getting images or media on your phone.
    I might have worded that wrong. But what I'm trying to get at here is like uploading just some pictures onto my phone so I can use them as wallpapers. Like normally people would suggest emailing it to yourself through your phone or taking out your memory card and sticking it into your computer, when I can't use neither of those options. So all I have is the UBS cord. But nonetheless, they answered my question correctly and it worked out fine though.
  9. Steals's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    36 Posts
    #9  

    Default

    Amezon.com has adapters for your media card also if you were to go that rout.
  10. Kailean's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #10  

    Default

    im having kind of a similar problem, i have the micro sd card and i wanna upload music using the ubs cord (becuase i dont have an adapter) but whenever i try to link the phone to the comp using the cord all my phone does is charge, nothing comes up at all. i enabled my mass storage device and autoenabled mass storage mode when connected but still all my phone does is charge. It wont show up under search or my computer either, can anyone help??????????/
  11. Iceman's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,954 Posts
    PIN
    DoLoL Is A βeta Blocker
    #11  

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Kailean View Post
    im having kind of a similar problem, i have the micro sd card and i wanna upload music using the ubs cord (becuase i dont have an adapter) but whenever i try to link the phone to the comp using the cord all my phone does is charge, nothing comes up at all. i enabled my mass storage device and autoenabled mass storage mode when connected but still all my phone does is charge. It wont show up under search or my computer either, can anyone help??????????/
    Did the computer load all the drivers for usb storage on the computer?
    We must overcome the notion that we must be regular... it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre.
    Blackberry 101: Lecture Series|Memory Optimization|How To Recover A Dead Blackberry|Posting Rules|How to Search Forums

Posting Permissions