Is this possible? I'd like to send a global text message to my contacts informing them of my number being different. Adding them individually to a text would be a real pain due to the number of contacts. Anyway to do a send to all or something? Thanks in advance!
    10-21-09 08:02 PM
    You can't send a text message to your entire contact list with the native software. This question has come up before, and I've seen some commercial software mentioned, but I don't recall any names. You can create text message groups, but you have to add names one at a time, so for a one-time message, that's no improvement.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-09 08:11 PM
    Blahh this is going to take forever!
    10-21-09 08:11 PM
    Ive tried to send a message to like 15 ppl in my address book and it fails, most likely because of bandwidth issues. So to do a message to your entire list, good luck lol.
    10-21-09 10:02 PM
    What do I do to make this quick and painless?!
    10-21-09 10:36 PM
    Actually, you can send e-mails, MMS, or SMS and PIN to everyone in your contact list that has the capability to receive such. You simply create a Group, add Contacts, and save. Anytime you need to send a message, select the group, type your message, and send.

In testing, as long as you have the memory, you can create a group any size you like.

10-21-09 10:48 PM
    But I have to manually add my entire contact list to this group correct?
    10-21-09 10:56 PM
    Oh, BTW, after setting up a group, I have a business associate that e-mails over 400 contacts off of his Group list simultaneously.

10-21-09 10:57 PM
    But I have to manually add my entire contact list to this group correct?
    Correct, but you only do it once. It goes really fast.

The caveats, your groups are linked to your contact, you cannot add the person to the group and delete the contact. The group messages must be of the same type, (SMS, PIN, MMS, E-Mail). The groups cannot mix.
    Last edited by BergerKing; 10-21-09 at 11:01 PM.
    10-21-09 10:58 PM
    So to delete a contact in the group I delete them from the group and then delete them from address book is what you're saying? Thanks for the help btw.
    10-21-09 11:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD