I have my old Pearl desktop manager software that includes the Roxio media manager that allows me to create ringtones.

The new version of desktop manager and roxio that came with my Curve does now allow me to create ringtones (the option is just simply not there - thanks Verizon).

Is there some way I can have both versions peacefully coexisting on my PC (WinXP sp2)? I have (2) 120gb hard drives with various partitions - however it appears installing the newer desktop manager with roxio STILL ends up removing the old version that has the functioning roxio with ringtone creation.

I hope this makes sense...
    08-30-08 01:07 PM
    I've not tried this, but the only way I'm thinking this would work would to be to change the default installation directory.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-08 01:14 PM
    instal the new 4.6 Desktop Manager Without Roxio herehttps://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...20+lrRB3CS+A**
    08-30-08 01:16 PM
    I've not tried this, but the only way I'm thinking this would work would to be to change the default installation directory.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I tried that already - the Pearl version was on my C drive - I tried installing the Curve version on my E drive - it still uninstalled the C drive version.

For whatever reason - the Pearl desktop manager (4.3) does not recognize my Curve when I plug it in (4.3 also but newer) - which is why I would like to get both versions working. I hate having to uninstall/reinstall each version as I need it.
    08-30-08 01:18 PM
    in the drop down select desktop v4.6 third one down is engish 4.6 without Roxio media manager that way there isn't anything there it to try to overwrite your old one
    08-30-08 01:19 PM
    in the drop down select desktop v4.6 third one down is engish 4.6 without Roxio media manager that way there isn't anything there it to try to overwrite your old one
    Thanks for the suggestion! Have you tried this yourself? I suspect 4.6 is going to uninstall Roxio when I try to install it though. Gonna try now and I'll report back. Thanks again.
    08-30-08 01:52 PM
    blah - still didn't work - 4.6 removed Roxio completely. :\
    08-30-08 09:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD