I removed blackberry data plan from my att package. I can'd add pay per use just to enable mms functionality so pretty much I am stuck with praying that no one sends mms to me and it never gets to me.

Att representative said that they have set up website where users with phones without mms capability can read mms. the way it works each time someone sends you a picture message, you get a text message notification with message id and password. then you got to att special website, enter required information and then read mms.

Thats as great alternative for me who does not need data plan, but the problem is it does not work at all. I simply get no message when someone sends mms and neither other said gets sent mms rejected.

Any suggestions to get around of this problem?
    11-17-09 01:50 AM
    That's odd, my BB with T-MO always did mms without a data plan... No website/text necessary

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-09 11:33 AM
    That's odd, my BB with T-MO always did mms without a data plan... No website/text necessary

THAT'S odd, because MMS is a data feature.
    11-17-09 02:29 PM
    i thought my ATT text plan said free MMS
    11-17-09 03:48 PM
    I too have a blackberry without the data plan (silly of me i know) and i have been searching for a way to go around the system and be able to enable mms. i found this site: blackberryforums.pinstack.com...data_plan.html and it said by downloading "Mobilkom Austria [A1] 4.2.1.101 operating system, YOU CAN SEND MMS PICTURE MESSAGES ON AT&T WITOUT A BB DATA PLAN"... anyone know anything about this??
    11-28-09 03:39 AM
    I too have a blackberry without the data plan (silly of me i know) and i have been searching for a way to go around the system and be able to enable mms. i found this site: blackberryforums.pinstack.com...data_plan.html and it said by downloading "Mobilkom Austria [A1] 4.2.1.101 operating system, YOU CAN SEND MMS PICTURE MESSAGES ON AT&T WITOUT A BB DATA PLAN"... anyone know anything about this??
    i wouldnt be caught dead installing an ancient 4.2 OS on any blackberry.

see if you can add an MMS bundle to your plan.
    11-28-09 03:43 AM
    i wouldnt be caught dead installing an ancient 4.2 OS on any blackberry.
    lol well... does anyone know of another os that will work :... i have the family plan and unlimited messeges but i lost my phone so i bought an unlocked blackberry pear without knowing i needed the blackberry plan for mms!!! aahh!!!...thanks!
    11-28-09 04:03 AM
    When I first got my BB, all I did was swap SIM cards and I got SMS and MMS messages no problem. I added the data package about 3 weeks later just so I wouldn't pay a fortune to surf, lol.

Jack

11-28-09 09:28 AM
    oook, this is the 4th time Ive posted this in different threads. AT&T does NOT require a data plan in order to use MMS. If you send or receive a MMS its included in the cost of your texting plan....the only catch is, that MMS has to be SMALLER than 300kb in size. So if you snap a pic with your berry and mms it to a friend, it doesnt cost you a dime. I personally have 2 berrys on my account right now that are the same way, while I have the data plan......just be very careful that you do NOT use the browser or messenger or the GPS, as all of these USE data....a pic mms, a voice mms are all included, so long as they are smaller that 300kn in data size...
    11-28-09 03:36 PM
    I have personally done this to 3 different pearls now, and it works great....jusr follow the instruction's an d you'll be fine
    11-28-09 03:39 PM
    i dont know where to download it from
    12-03-09 02:26 AM
    i dont know where to download it from
    you should be able to download all official OS's from the blackberry website.
    12-03-09 02:36 AM
    oook, this is the 4th time Ive posted this in different threads. AT&T does NOT require a data plan in order to use MMS. If you send or receive a MMS its included in the cost of your texting plan....the only catch is, that MMS has to be SMALLER than 300kb in size. So if you snap a pic with your berry and mms it to a friend, it doesnt cost you a dime. I personally have 2 berrys on my account right now that are the same way, while I have the data plan......just be very careful that you do NOT use the browser or messenger or the GPS, as all of these USE data....a pic mms, a voice mms are all included, so long as they are smaller that 300kn in data size...
    well, let's see that if you reproduce what you said with your two berrys once you take THEIR data plans off... let us know... are their any server settings required??
    02-17-10 09:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD