I have received a $150 rebate from sprint to put towards a new phone. I looked at the sprint site and there will be a new HTC hero looks very nice! Any one tried out any HTC phones out there? if so, worth breaking up with Curve? I love my BB but this phone caught my eyes!!!
    10-02-09 06:33 PM
    I will say "caveat emptor"... Although the HTC looks nice, you will always have a spot for the Curve.
    10-02-09 06:35 PM
    I would say no only because I'm not really a fan of HTC ( I despise touchscreens) and my own Curve is a tank and the best phone i've ever had , but its your call.
    And James I actually had to google that little bit of Latin
    10-02-09 07:04 PM
    Tour, that will be my next phone, period. My wife has an Instinct and now wants my 8330...go figure, touchscreen phones are still not as good as they will be in 5 years.
    10-03-09 01:08 AM
    I have my HTC Hero on pre order from best buy. The phone looks amazing, granted thats what the commercial made the instinct look like. Regardless everything I've read about the phone seems to be exactly what I want. The price isn't to bad either. I've played around with a G1 and it seems to be a pretty solid phone. I know that Android had kind of a rocky start but it seems to be pretty good now.
    10-03-09 03:33 AM
    I don't blame you for looking. I'm going to check out this Android 2.0 phone coming out shortly on Verizon, codenamed Sholes:

* OMAP3430 � 600 MHz ARM Cortex A8 + PowerVR SGX 530 GPU + 430MHz C64x+ DSP + ISP (Image Signal Processor)
    * Dimensions 60.00 x 115.80 x 13.70 mm
    * Weight 169 g
    * Battery Li-ion 1400 mAh.
    * Standby 450 hours, talk time 420 minutes
    * 3.7-inch touch-sensitive display with a resolution of 854�480 pixels, 16 million color depth. Physical screen size is 45.72 mm by 81.34 mm.
    * 512MB/256MB ROM/RAM
    * microSD / microSDHC expansion slot
    * Camera: 5.0 megapixel with autofocus and video recorder
    * Connectivity: USB2.0, 3.5mm audio jack, Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR, Wi-Fi
    * Supported audio formats: AMR-NB/WB, MP3, PCM / WAV, AAC, AAC +, eAAC +, WMA
    * Supported video formats: MPEG-4, H.263, H.264, WMV
    * GPS navigation
    * Package Contents: Phone Motorola Sholes, battery, charger, USB cable, 8GB MicroSD memory card and other literature.
    10-03-09 04:30 AM
    not sure about the hero but my boss got the HTC Touch Pro 2 and it's so nice. I like it alot but I still like my Blackberry more.

I am not sold on the Storm, I'm not liking the complaints on the trackball, I want one that I have the ability to switch out on my own if there is a problem, etc.. I'm due for $150 off in March with Sprint, I hope they have a new blackberry shortly after that!
    10-03-09 07:35 AM
    not sure about the hero but my boss got the HTC Touch Pro 2 and it's so nice. I like it alot but I still like my Blackberry more.

I am not sold on the Storm, I'm not liking the complaints on the trackball, I want one that I have the ability to switch out on my own if there is a problem, etc.. I'm due for $150 off in March with Sprint, I hope they have a new blackberry shortly after that!
    The Storm doesn't have a trackball. Do you mean Tour?
    10-03-09 07:42 AM
    I take one look at the keyboard on that Moto and go 'nope'. Typing on those keyboards are a pain in the butox.

As for touchscreens, gonna pass there, too.

Side sliders are also a no-go, as one-handed typing is also nearly impossible.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-09 08:52 AM
    I'll be taking a long look at the Sholes also. I've had great luck with motos in the past, namely the e815. It was the best dumb phone I ever had. Android is very intriguing to me as are the new smart phones running linux. I'll compare the Sholes and the Storm2 and decide what I'll be using for the next year or so.
    10-03-09 09:19 AM
    i used to have an htc touch and although it was cool at first, it annoyed the crap out of me as time wore on. i ended up trading it in for my blackberry a year later and i've never looked back.

believe me, if i ever switch from a blackberry to any phone, it'll be an iphone which considering i refuse to leave sprint, it'll be a while.

for now, i love my blackberry and honestly cannot imagine going to any other phone.
    10-03-09 10:22 AM
    It all depends on what you're used to and like-if you're down with android phones and like the os but the thing. If you like the BB OS then stick with it-i think in the next six or so months we're going to be seeing a lot of good happening to the OS as a whole and a lot of new things being implemented. Not trying to be a fan boy, but I think RIM has some big plans to really up the ante a little bit pretty soon.

10-03-09 10:40 AM
    I am in more or less the same position here. My first BB ever is my 8320, and it's an awesome device. But seeing what other devices can do regarding OS, features integration, etc., I am inclined to give another phone a try. The new Moto Cliq looks great, and the MyTouch is also a very nice smartphone, which, with the 1.6 Donut version of Android, looks even more desirable.

But, in any case, i am still a year away from my end of contract (I am on TMO), and the Storm 2 will be upon us by then...
    10-03-09 11:10 AM
    I get a company phone at my new job and I get to demo any new phones I want up to a month in advance so i'm thinking about switching to the hero as well... My sister has a htc diamond and she loves it and one of my friends has the G1 and love his phone as well so I figure HTC phone plus android system = Happiness!
    10-03-09 11:17 AM
    We had an HTC Touch Diamond before this 8830 and it was the worst phone I've ever had. Really hard to type. Not very responsive. I would not care to try HTC again personally. If I were to get something other than a BB it would definately be a Palm.

10-03-09 11:18 AM
    The Storm doesn't have a trackball. Do you mean Tour?

oh gosh, yes I do
    10-03-09 11:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD