I don't know what the **** is going on with my curve lately. Here's the scoop.

So yesterday I reach into my pocket for my bb and when i moed the trackball to scroll through the menu it was moving all over the screen in a crazy fashion. So naturally, i restarted the phone. So i turn it on and the trackball is not working at all, but the buttons are working. so after a second restart the trackball is working but the buttons arent. so i did a battery pull and the same went on. i left the battery off all night and this morning it started to work fine again. now, after about 20 minutes of it working fine, it started doing the same crap but now itll just be sitting there and weird characters will pop up. first character is a + then after that if you move the track ball this will come out: oooooo���oo�ooo��.. until it says field is full. I don't know what the **** is wrong? im sure its nothing physical but my phone is completely useless right now. What should i do?
    05-30-08 05:05 AM
    There is a 1 year factory warranty on BB's. If it is less than a year old, see about getting it replaced. Did you get it wet? If so, you are out of luck. Check the little rectangular indicator under the battery. If it is not white, water got to it and may be the problem and voids the warranty.
    05-30-08 06:02 AM
    There're no bb viruses, so that's not your problem. If you've been carrying it in your pocket, trash or moisture are the likely causes. Hope for trash. Try blowing out the keyboard with compressed air. And maybe clean your trackball. As tyroni said, if it's water you're out of luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-08 07:13 AM
    Yes. there is 1 year factory warranty.

Welcome to CB.
    05-30-08 07:43 AM
    You could try reloading the software if you're confident that its not a hardware issue. This will correct any software bugs (there are no known BB viruses) causing you problems. Do a backup first so you don't lose your contacts, etc. There should be a How To somewhere in the forums. Lots of luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-08 08:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD