Hi Everyone

At my office, I am behind a firewall and thus am unable to run a VNC server for my clients. I have Verizon service and previously had a broadband card which allowed me to:
    1) disconnect my office connection
    2) connect with the cell card
    3) get public IP address
    4) start vnc server
    5) client would come in

Now that I have my new 8330 Curve, I tried the same procedure as before but am unable to actually see my computer (either by ping or by VNC port 5900 connection). Is there something that I am doing wrong or need to setup to allow this to take place? I did not see any advanced port forwarding options in the Curve setup itself and searched everywhere on the web for an answer.

Does anyone have any experience or success in this area - i.e. running a server from behind the tethered modem?

Thanks
    --Tim
    06-03-08 04:27 PM
    Might want to look at remote access from www.logmein.com It's simple and free to use and your clients wouldn't need to load up 3rd party programs on their PCs with a large footprint in order to make it work. If you have a client that's behind a strict firewall, this should also tunnel past that to give you access back into their PCs. Easier to manage from the network standpoint because there's no need to worry about port forwarding.
    06-03-08 05:39 PM
    JRSCCivic98: Thanks for the response. I was aware of other applications that allowed this functionality, but I was hoping to resolve this issue in general. Does anyone else have any experience with this feature or know why this capability is different from the standard verizon cell card?

Thanks
    06-09-08 01:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD