Hey all,
    So by the end of the day my Curve 8330 (Verizon) is often down to 50% or less battery, with me trying to conserve battery life. I spend a little time on email/web browsing, and maybe 20 minutes on average on the phone per day. I have Google Sync installed, which runs every two hours, yet I often see the download/upload arrows flashing, even when I didn't do anything or open any programs that would need a connection. I try opening switch applications to see what's open, though programs like BBM (which I don't really use, yet) won't close.

I've tried reducing the screen brightness and shortening the display timeout, which I would assume are minor changes, but is this typical? Or maybe there is something wrong the phone that is constantly connecting and draining battery? Is there anything I can do about this. I just worry that if I'm not careful it will be down to 20-30% and if I don't get a chance to charge one night it might be dead when I wake up.

Thanks for any help!

- Alex
    05-28-09 08:12 AM
    There are 5 apps you will see and you can't stop...call log, messenger, browser, messages and home screen.

and this.....
    if I don't get a chance to charge one night it might be dead when I wake up.
    are you leaving it on all night while you sleep?
    05-28-09 08:18 AM
    I do generally leave it on when charging.

Does holding the mute button down and putting it on standby really help? What exactly does "standby" mean for a phone?

Thanks!
    05-28-09 09:34 AM
    I do generally leave it on when charging.

Does holding the mute button down and putting it on standby really help? What exactly does "standby" mean for a phone?

Thanks!
    I was just thinking of something I experienced with mine..when I thought I was shutting it off at night, using the call end button, this apparently does not shut the BB off completely and I'd wake to a significant battery loss. I learned here using the turn power off icon is a more complete shutdown.

But that doesn't appear to be your problem.
    05-28-09 09:53 AM
    Crackberry.com offers an extended battery.. You should check out their accessories for the 8330..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-09 10:10 AM
    I'm having the same issues.. my 8330 is less than 3 weeks old, was brand new when purchased.

I have nothing running in the background that shouldn't be.
    Just today, my battery went from 100% at 8am, was down to 85% by 11am and at 3pm was down to 55%. I have sent maybe 10 texts, 4 facebook replies and that's it.

I do have custome themes that I use, as well as a wallpaper, but these shouldn't be draining the battery.
    I also have the screen set to 70% brightness, 10 second timeout, no keypad or trackball sound.
    06-03-09 03:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD