in the last 6 months, I upgraded to the Curve, then the Storm.

How do I remove the IT policy on my old phones so I can remove the password from them? Oddly enough, the IT guy at our work has never tried to do it, so he isn't sure.

I've already wiped them of all data, but I need to remove the password (or change it to 0000) before I can trade them in to flipswap for cash. It won't let me change the PW to 0000 since that is a sequence.
    Yeah...

Any help would be appreciated. I've searched the phone, I've searched the desktop manager, and I've even google'd for solutions.
    Now I gotta trust the BB community.

Thanks in advance.
    11-24-08 02:51 PM
    The easiest way is for the IT dept to do it. He SHOULD know how; it's his job. If he doesn't, then you can follow the steps in this link: http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/remo...y-phone-81401/

I commend you for dealing with the problem, instead of selling them on eBay and leaving it to the buyer to solve. That happens often.
    11-24-08 03:05 PM
    that worked great for my curve, thanks...

Now i gotta try the 8703e (which is OS version 4.2.1)
    11-24-08 03:57 PM
    there is no 4.3 or greater software update for the 8703e.
    Will it work if I install the 4.5 software for the 8700?
    11-24-08 06:15 PM
    No. The OS has to match the hardware exactly. An 8700 OS won't work (and should refuse to install) on an 8703e.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-08 06:55 PM
    No. The OS has to match the hardware exactly. An 8700 OS won't work (and should refuse to install) on an 8703e.
    Thanks for the reply (again). Since the OS was 4.2.1, it doesn't look like I'm able to remove the IT policy... I've been looking for solutions all day and nothing helped.

So... I gave up trying.

My IT guy said he'd do it next week, but that wasn't worth the $21 flipswap was offering... So I just sent them the phone with a note, hoping they'd accept it with "password" as the password instead of "0000"

I also sent in a curve and two treo650's, so I'll be getting over $200 total whether they accept the 8703e or not.
    11-24-08 07:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD