I have a new 8310 Curve and a MacBook. I've followed all of the advice about installing pocketmac and the new driver. I've deleted and reinstalled many times. It actually does sync. eventually. But it takes about 1 hour to do it. Prior to getting the BB I had a Palm. It would sync in about 30 seconds. Is this to be expected? Any help would be SO appreciated!! This is the reason I got a BB, just so I wouldn't have to carry around a PDA and Phone. I'm not even syncing e-mail, etc. just the calendar, tasks and address book.
    THANKS!!
    01-23-09 03:46 PM
    My sync with my macbook takes about 3 miniutes at max. Do you have a lot of data on your phone? What macbook are you using? You could be low on memory usage. Try re-installing pocketmac, reboot your MB and only start pocketmac and don't run any other programs. See if that helps out with any time difference. Also check out our Mac section near the bottom of the forum page. You'll get more information there. Welcome to CB!
    01-23-09 04:20 PM
    I have a new 8310 Curve and a MacBook. I've followed all of the advice about installing pocketmac and the new driver. I've deleted and reinstalled many times. It actually does sync. eventually. But it takes about 1 hour to do it. Prior to getting the BB I had a Palm. It would sync in about 30 seconds. Is this to be expected? Any help would be SO appreciated!! This is the reason I got a BB, just so I wouldn't have to carry around a PDA and Phone. I'm not even syncing e-mail, etc. just the calendar, tasks and address book.
    THANKS!!
    Are you using Mobile Me / .Mac? If so, that's where it syncs from, so if your connection is slow that would explain the delays.
    01-23-09 04:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD