So I was looking for a better calendar app, right? Thought about the one that SBSH has in beta (which somebody posted here earlier today), but I always worry about beta stuff crashing my other stuff so I decided to try something else. Enter Pocket Informant, with two 3-star ratings, one 4-star and one 5-star. Decided to try it. When I loaded the app through the DM, however, "successfully" according to the installation wizard, the screen on my BB was stuck on "connecting to desktop." I'd previously synched my calendar and everything was fine, but the app apparently bollixed something. Pulled the battery, got my usual screen back [BIG sigh of relief ), considered reconnecting and uninstalling. Decided it was probably a glitch of some sort, so I opened the app and played around a little. Didn't like it after all, so I decided to reconnect and uninstall. Did. Wizard uninstalled, told me it was finished. Picked up the BB to disconnect and there it was again: the white screen with "connecting to desktop" churning away. Waited. And waited and waited and waited, then did another battery pull. Is it just this app? Or did I do something wrong. Don't want this to happen every time I try to install something.
    02-23-09 03:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD