Has anyone else noticed a problem with the 8310 Curve?

When I type you (not always but often, and sometimes other words that end in U) the cursor jumps up to the line above.

I have a friend in the business and he tells me it's me, but I don't so.

My Bill was very high and my friend suggested that I might have a bug on my BB where it was constantly going back to VF so after trying to reload the OS he finally swapped it. With the first version I had this problem with "you" but while the next BB would cut me off after about 20 seconds and reboot it did NOT have the problem with "you" - sadly even an OS reload did not fix it, so again swapped it.

This time, the phone does not reboot but I still have the problem with "you" he still thinks it is my fat fingers (could by) but I am a touch typist and know when I am pressing the wrong buttons even on the BB keyboard.

Am I going mad or has someone else experienced this?

Thanks

Simeon.
    07-17-08 09:14 AM
    i've never heard of this - maybe there's something wrong with the phone. How long have you had it?
    07-17-08 09:15 AM
    As explained this is my 3rd and had it less than 3 months - only got my original BB back in November.

I am waiting for the bold, but while typing an email again today it did it so thought I would post as I have been on the site trying to decide if I should move to iphone.

Decided to go with Bold, but as I'll upgrade in November I might have the Thunder to think about too.

Just wonderd if anyone else had this strange typing problem.

Simeon.
    07-17-08 09:19 AM
    I'm not sure if this is the same problem you're having but most of the time when I type "you" for some reason after i hit the"u" with my right thumb, my right thumb naturally moves up andd to the left causing it to lightly scroll my trackball to the left which lands my cursor inbetween the "o" and "u" then when i continue to type I have an "o" at the end and what was supposed to be "you" turns into "yo" LoL
    07-17-08 09:28 AM
    the issue is the track ball. This has happened to me often but it is not a problem with the words, its because your trackball is sensing your proximity and all of a sudden you start typing in the incorrect line.

Y O U is located very close to the track ball and the slighest brushing up with the trackball will move the location in which you are typing.

I know you are going to say, I make sure I am away. The track ball is very sensitive, at least mine is. Any letters remotely close to the trackball causes the line in which I am typing, to move.

Fat fingers? I don't think so, I think it is a flaw to have made the keyboard that way because the letters are a bit too close to each other. If they had designed it just a bit more separate (not talking about the way the old berries were made) it would be easier to type and avoid typing two letters at a time or having to delete almost every other word.
    07-17-08 09:29 AM
    ok, so I am not going mad, but I need to type more carefully.

Perhaps my friend was right - it is my fault!

lol - Let's hope the bold is better.

Thanks

Simeon.
    07-17-08 09:48 AM
    I have had the same problem-for me I keep brushing the trackball and that's why its happening-maybe this is why for you also

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-08 11:42 AM
    YES! I thought I was crazy. I'd get to the end of a sentence and the letter u would be on my cursor instead of at the end of the word.

It has to be the proximity to the trackball that's causing it because I know I don't physically touch the ball when typing.
    07-17-08 11:55 AM
    I thought it was just ME, because I have big hands. But I come across the SAME problem every once in a while. It's because my thumb hits the trackball I believe after typing the word "you"
    07-17-08 12:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD