have had my Curve for about 7 months now and still have never utilized this Pin option i've been hearing so much about.
    How do i know what my pin is?
    How do i use it??
    03-28-08 03:16 PM
    go to options>status and there you go you'll see your pin number
    03-28-08 03:22 PM
    PIN is a form of BB - BB messaging. And it's freeee!

Options > Status, it's listed there or type mypin in a text field and then a space (voila!)

When you get it go to messages > menu button (BB logo left of trackball) and hit compose PIN, send 1 to 20650E97 and I'll hit you back so you can try it out, I'll even add you on BB Messenger

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-08 03:23 PM
    And the way that use it is with bbm. Open bbm hit the menu key. Go to add contact. Go to the option that says use once. Hit the menu key and click request by pin. Type in the PIN and hit send. You can try it with mine just so you know if you did it right.
    03-28-08 03:24 PM
    Options --> Status (your pin is here)

You can also type "mypin" and hit the spacebar in any text area.

If you have a data plan, you can use "Blackberry Messenger" to add users, either by pin/email.

You can also send PIN messages which are like text messages. The PIN is unique to every BB and not every phone number. So if you switch Berries and keep the same phone number, you now have a new PIN.

To send a PIN message, go into messages, hit the menu key and then select 'Compose PIN'
    03-28-08 03:24 PM
    Let me try that
    03-28-08 03:29 PM
    Its nice if you don't have unlimited text and your friends have a berry

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-08 04:25 PM
    Yup, you gotta love bbm, I think it is one of the main reasons to get a bb.
    03-28-08 04:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD