Ok so here is my issue....i dropped my phone (as i usually do) but this time it was a lil different. I have one of those clear cases w/holster and if it falls, I just pick it up, maybe turn it off and on, then im good to go. But this time it dropped without the case and when i went to pick it up....NUTHIN!!!!!! PHONE JUST WENT BYE BYE. I tried taking the battery and sim card out, tried letting it charge, but this is what happens now....as soon as i plug the phone up, the red light (showing charging status) stays on for about 6 seconds, then fades out). If i take the battery out completely and do the same thing, the red light stays on, but shows a pic that says no battery is installed. Should i try a new battery for my phone or am i doomed? any help i would sooooooo greatly appreciate it
    02-05-09 03:02 AM
    Lithium ion batteries are relatively fragile; it's possible that the fall messed up the chemistry in the battery. Try a new one and see if that helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-09 03:14 AM
    I was going to suggest trying to use the phone without the battery installed but have the device plugged into power to see if it was the battery for the phone. I am sort of leaning towards a "jacked" phone..... It would not hurt to try that or a new battery to confirm that is not the cause..........Wish you luck

Welcome to CrackBerry
    02-05-09 03:20 AM
    thanks for the help. i finally took it to this place here called CPR (cell phone repair) the cost was $45 to fix and i pick it up on monday........gonna keep my fingers crossed!!!!!!!!!
    02-08-09 01:02 AM
    Let us know what it turned out to be. New battery? Internal damage repair? etc

Hope it works out for ya.
    02-08-09 01:08 AM
    That Battery symbol sounds kinda familiar as a bricked berry, if it's a white screen. Something that often an OS wipe/re-install would take care of.

$45 sounds like a good deal though, as I might be way off and it's something different.

Good luck, hope you get your BB back home soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-09 01:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD