Guys, please help me, i just bought a new 8310 curve, but now i realized that my trackball light didn't turn on, only the keyboard..
    is there anybody knows how to turn on the light? or maybe my trackball light have been damaged?
    thanks guys....
    02-10-09 12:15 AM
    Take it back there's probably something wrong with the led
    02-10-09 12:19 AM
    If you are in a bright area, the light may not come on. Try holding your finger over the LED window at the top of the case, there is a light sensor there.

If the trackball doesn't light up, you may need to take it in for another phone.

There is a setting for automatic light level setting, but I doubt that it is the cause of your problem.
    02-10-09 12:22 AM
    Take out the trackball assembly, then cover the indicator LED with your finger to force the keyboard light to come on, and see if the LED under the trackball comes on. If not, do as uncheels suggested and return it. If it does, your trackball probably needs to be cleaned (or replaced)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-09 12:23 AM
    If it doesnt come on in the dark I would take it back, I personally wouldnt take the ball out or fool with it and possibly break the ring and have to explain that.

Good luck and welcome to CrackBerry
    02-10-09 12:36 AM
    thank you so much guys....
    all of your replies really help
    02-10-09 05:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD