why is it that every verizon phone EXCLUDING the blackberry, can send 7 page (160 characters each) text messages as one message? why is it that the blackberry cant do that?
    for example. the env 2. i can send up to 1120 characters in ONE text message to other verizon customers. but with my blackberrry i can only send 160. (verizon to verizon of course).
    i understand the CDMA/GSM thing. but why can the blackberry's text messaging service work like a normal verizon mobile phone?

im seriously considering switching to like at&t or something just cause of that seriously. it really bugs me. im a texting fiend. i have the app "beyond 160" but even that can get to be a little annoying. ( no offense to the creator, it was a great idea, that works really well)

thank you for your answerss. please do answer!!
    11-01-09 09:46 PM
    They have an app that will let you extend your txt messages past 160...don't recall the name of it.
    11-01-09 09:48 PM
    Verizon BlackBerry devices implement standard SMS, which is limited to 160 chars. They've never implemented Extended SMS, which is what you are referring to. I'm not a Verizon executive and I don't know why. I could speculate that the BlackBerry is considered a business communications device, and SMS is less important than email for that reason, but that's only speculation. Your question has been asked many times and never conclusively answered.
    11-01-09 09:50 PM
    Verizon BlackBerry devices implement standard SMS, which is limited to 160 chars. They've never implemented Extended SMS, which is what you are referring to. I'm not a Verizon executive and I don't know why. I could speculate that the BlackBerry is considered a business communications device, and SMS is less important than email for that reason, but that's only speculation. Your question has been asked many times and never conclusively answered.
    you mean extended SMS on blackberry right? because the 7 pages of 160 characters each is standard on every verizon phone. they are sent as one message. but only to other verizon customers. out of the carrier is the standard 160.
    11-01-09 09:56 PM
    Yes, I was referring to Extended SMS on the BlackBerry. I have no experience with Verizon's other, non-BlackBerry, phones.
    11-01-09 10:01 PM
    Yes, I was referring to Extended SMS on the BlackBerry. I have no experience with Verizon's other, non-BlackBerry, phones.
    ohhh ok, just making sure. if you dont mind answering one more question. why is it that sometimes ill text a tmobile user, but they wont get the text for sometimes over an hour? and vice versa?
    11-01-09 10:04 PM
    Delays in delivering text messages are most likely caused by servers being busy with higher priority traffic. If you only see delays to TMobile users, that might suggest a lack of capacity on TMobile's part.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-09 10:27 PM
    thanks for answering all my questions. i appreciate it alot. thank you
    11-01-09 10:44 PM
    They have an app that will let you extend your txt messages past 160...don't recall the name of it.
    A wonderful app called MMS
    11-01-09 11:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD